Try this once and see how much you save.

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Denis Hard • May 9, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It could demand a lot from you but if you buy the stuff you intend to use in bulk there's a probability that you can pull it off.

So here's the challenge. For two months, work, earn cash, buy and stockpile food and other necessities that you'll need. Just make sure it can last one month.

Once you've done that, work for the whole month and save all the money. After saving your dough for one month, you can then calculate whether the savings you've made by not buying anything for one month is more than you could save by budgeting and buying you stuff as you needed it for two months. If you save more by buying nothing for one month, then you could stick to that as your primary savings plan.

All the best if you'll try this.

2. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    Hey, this sounds like a great idea. I'm thinking I might need to give it a go. Pretty sure I could start today as I have just finished a bulk shop but might need to withdraw some cash first.

3. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds fairly reasonable, I think it could work for me since I live alone and quite possible I can calculate exactly my food and other expenses for a month. So it's like preparing for apocalypse for a month, this is going to get so cool for me. Thanks! I'll try this out.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I actually tried that once, not the same exact thing but fairly close and unfortunately I ended up spending more because I ran out of, well for lack of a better word, supplies for the month and I had to tamper with the my saved up money which basically ruined the whole plan for me.

5. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I think whether you buy in bulk or in retail, discipline is the key. I do buy in bulk as it offers a lot more savings than buying in retail (I agree on this).. but because you know you don't need to buy anymore, it is human nature that you will be tempted to buy something else.. and if you do not have the discipline.. nothing of these scheme would work. just my opinion.