Trying To Cope Through Some Hard Times

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by pafjlh • Jan 22, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Right now I am going through a hard time in my life. I am dealing with a whole lot of stress due to financial issues in my home. I am scared at the moment and don't know exactly what to do. In fact, the only thing I can do right now is keep moving forward. Its not easy though take my word on that. Sometimes its hard to concentrate on anything because I can't help thinking about what the future will hold and if it will be anything good.

Well, thank you for letting me come here and vent. Sometimes it helps to just get these things out.

2. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    This is some hard truth: while I'm sure we can sympathize with your situation & hope you'll come through it with 'great strength,' we don't really care enough to give you the help you need (if you don't ask for it).

I guess that's the 'hard truth' behind the more-caring questions I could ask (if I cared): would it help you to explain your troubles a little more? Are prices in your area going up while your salary stays the same? (That was my reaction to President Obama's "

"-comments about 'minimum wage'---

he talks about how "nothing helps a family make ends meet like higher wages," I'm like 'nuh-unhh! (however that's spelled :p) what about "lower prices"? or

(one where--like in Dr. King's 'Dream'--a man is 'judged' "by the content of his character," not 'by the height of his wages')?'

But the thing to remember from this post is that--though it's GOOD FOR THE WORLD-AT-LARGE if we can help you buy more stuff by spending less on the stuff you need--we don't care about your "personal reasons" for needing some of the stuff ... not unless there's something in it for us.

Maybe that's a secret reason-why I wanted to tell you that the 'great strength' I was talking-about can be found in

. Because--while I'm sure being on any mission for any leader-of-disciples gives you a selfless clarity-of-purpose--'bringing you in on

' strengthens MY mission! :cool:

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to tell you that you are not alone. I also am going through major changes in my life and experiencing hardship on many levels. On top of that my health is not great either. I am currently working in three different jobs in order to overcome a very difficult situation.
    Keep on working on it and it will gradually get better. These are challenging times for many, but with a positive attitude and continuous effort, things will change for the better. I know. I have been there before. I think most of us have at some stage in our lives.

4. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Good luck with your efforts. We all have moments of difficulty, maybe on different levels to yourself but still times that we would struggle. It's always good to have the right people around you, as well as getting professional help if you need it. The most important thing is the right attitude. Keep up the good work!

5. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Sorry to hear that you're having hard times at the moment. It's a good think that you're still moving forward and I believe you that that's hard, but if everything look gloomy, that's normally the best thing to do. Good times should come again even if it doesn't look like it at the moment. Try to stay positive and keep a good attitude, that should help you go through the difficult times. I wish you the best of luck.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OP, think about all the times where things looked hopeless and scary. Remember that you came out on the other side of those past scary times, and you survived and you'll get through this too.