Trying To Earn More?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Denis Hard • Jul 28, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Easier said that done though. If only it was that easy to get a job . . .

Fact though is if you earn some money on the side [you could start an online business for example] you'll have enough money to buy all you need and you some left in your account [which you can invest if you so desire].

So in addition to doing all you can to save [finding deals, budgeting, buying only what you'll use, etc, etc] you should try to earn more money [start a business, sell your old stuff, etc]. You could also ask your employer for a raise:)

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think that most people want to earn more, but it is something that relatively few manage to achieve. I think it is always worth asking your boss whether you can have a pay rise, because there is every chance that they will say yes - and if they say no you haven't exactly lost anything from it. You could also consider a job such as delivering catalogues, as this would give you the ability to earn a little extra and get exercise at the same time - and you could fit this type of work around whatever job you do already.

3. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Whatever way you look at it, it's all about being able to create more value than is currently being provided. So if you are working for a company and you want to look like you are "worth" a raise then you've got to at least appear to be adding more value to the company than you were before, essentially through better performance (real or imagined).

Even earning part time is essentially about you providing value to a company that wasn't there before. The more value (and I'm essentially saying 'economic value') you can create, the more justified you are in getting that raise.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, making more is the solution for many of us, but although there are many jobs theoretically available, they aren't easy to come by, especially if you are in a rural area. There are a lot of online businesses available but there is a learning curve with many, and most of the start ups seem to have bugs I have noticed...and some of the others are a bit time consuming...or require an initial investment.

5. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    That's the charm and curse with them. The harder it is for everyone to get jobs online, the more likely you are to be better paid if you do manage to get one. If there's a low barrier to entry and anyone can do it, you'll get paid peanuts.

And I guess we all have to keep trying to find new opportunities because they will always exist but won't always land on our laps. Sometimes we just have to take a step back, learn some new skills and hunt for better opportunities.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Employment alone won't get anyone rich. That's the truth. Well, if you have a high stable salary, you could live a comfortable life until old age. Even more comfort to look forward to if you save a portion of your salary throughout your years of employment, let your savings sit in your personal account and add it to your pension upon retirement. No doubt you'd be able to do what you want to a certain extent. But to say you're rich in every sense of the word? That's exactly not the case. Rich means full financial freedom and spending without any reservations. In that regard, you have to transition from employment to employing people. Yes, start by putting up a business commensurate to your strengths and expertise.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    You can try to find work after office hours to earn extra money like what many people are doing nowadays. It's true that for most people, it would be difficult to live a comfortable life by relying on a single income. Thankfully, the internet offers earning opportunities that you can do in the comforts of your home. If I only have more time to spare, I'd look for more opportunities to make money. Right now, I'm keen on expanding sources of passive income to make my money work for me.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is difficult or it is not advisable that you are working and then you want to have an extra income. Tendency of this kind of venture is you may be in some points neglecting your regular job because of this. It would be better if your wife who has no job to be in business to augment your family income.

Or it could also be possible, if you do extra job during night time. But if possible it would mingle or affect your regular job. However, it is not good to having an extra income just to keeping up with the Joneses.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Now a days it is so tough to get a good paying job here. There is a lot of unemployment since many businesses are going down. The goverment doesn't raise the salary but sure does raise the prices. There is a lot of robberies now for this reason and most people are not able to save at all.