Tupperware Or Rubbermaid?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by deecee • May 5, 2012.

1. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    There are so many plastic storage containers available today that it is difficult to know the difference. I prefer Tupperware, because it has a lifetime guarantee. If a seal is misplaced or a bowl cracks, your replacement is just a Tupperware dealer away.

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer tupperware. Why? Well because we have never bought a rubbermaid product. My mom is a big fan of tupperwares since we are small and I understand her because we never had a problem with it. Her close friend was also a dealer so my mom could get items and pay them at the end of the month.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    It has to be Tupperware for me too. They have such great ideas, and the stuff lasts for ever. I have two marinade boxes that I bought around 15 years ago, and they're still as good as new. The concept is simple - the boxes are ridged top and bottom, so you don't need to make too much marinade to coat your meat. The ridges also act as a tenderiser - imagine a steak mallet, and you'll see what I mean.

Okay, Tupperware is more expensive than other plastic storage, but the quality is great, and there are some original design ideas as well. I'd go with Tupperware every time.

4. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    I like Tupperware. It lasts forever. I got a set of tumblers for a wedding present 24 years ago, and I still use them today. I have tried Rubbermaid products too, but I noticed that they crack after awhile. They don't seem to last long if you put them in the dishwasher either. It is easier to buy Rubbermaid since you can buy it at the store, and you don't have to order it or go to a party. With all that said, I still prefer Tupperware.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Tupperware for me too. We've been using them for years! They're great for taking meals to school or a trip and they can keep freshness if they're properly sealed.

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Tupperware!!! It seems this is unanimous on this thread. I love the guarantee, the durability and the price is not bad at all. I do have some Rubbermaid containers at home which I like but I can't store anything with tomatoe base in it - immediately it is cause to stain the container and I can never get the stains off.

7. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    My former Tupperware manager would be so thrilled to see all the satisfied customers posting on this thread! One of the big perks of being a dealer was that you get a discount on the product you buy for your own use.

8. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    Tupperware for sure! I grew up on Tupperware. It definately lasts a long time. My mom still has Tupperware from when I was little. My grandma used to sell it. I have a lot myself now of course. I definately prefer this over any other product in competition with it.:cool:

9. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I love Tupperware. It can get darn expensive, but with the guarantee, you can't really go wrong (although I've never taken advantage of it as I've always bought new if needed)!

10. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I'll have to see about getting some Tupperware! I don't really use either and I've always gotten Glad plastic containers. I don't use them much so I don't need many. I just have some medium sized bowls and smaller ones. Oh, wait. I have a cake container and I think it's Rubbermaid, but I never notice that stuff.

11. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I have not used Rubbermaid but I grew up with my mom only using Tupperware. And she still has it! Not only does she still have her Tupperware from decades ago...but they still look great. It really is an amazing product of note.

I have yet to experience Rubbermaid.

12. AngiePutz

AngiePutzNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't had any experience with Tupperware, but my experiences with Rubbermaid have been pretty good. They don't last forever like Tupperware, but they do hold up pretty good. The bad thing with Rubbermaid is they tend to stain easily. So if you are wanting to put some spaghetti leftovers in a container, I would not recommend using the Rubbermaid. I also really enjoy the containers that have the latching lids. From my experiences, the lids on those seem to stay on better then the Rubbermaid ones. Weather you choose Tupperware or Rubbermaid or the latching lid ones, just don't go for the really inexpensive ones. They will not hold up at all.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Tupperware, but I don't know anyone that sells it. I have used Rubbermaid and it's fairly good, but I prefer Tupperware. In a pitch, I will use the Gladware containers. I do like them and I never feel bad if one gets lost or left over a friend's home. They are relatively cheap to replace.

14. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    The only thing we've ever used is Tupperware so I guess I have to side there.

15. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    You can go to Tupperware's website and they should have a "find a consultant" tab. You used to be able to put in your zip code or city and the site would generate a list of dealers in your area. Or you can just order online!

16. LPT

LPTNew Member

Threads:
    I have had such a challenge replacing Tupperware parts, and I have been a devoted customer for over 30 years.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also prefer Tupperware. It's great quality and is all around the world. My mom has always been a big fan of the brand and had many at home, so growing up I got used to using Tupperware and have a hard time using less expensive brands that make their products with cheap and thin plastics.

18. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    I guess I will be the first to say Rubbermaid. I've used more of their products than Tupperware for no particular reason.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only see Tupperware items over here at home, so I guess I would have to go with Tupperware. I agree that they're quite durable too, the ones that we have are with us for many years already. They don't seem to get brittle unless you intentionally mishandle them.

20. Bispo Barbosa

Bispo BarbosaNew Member

Threads:
    I only use tupperware, nothing bad to say about it..