Turkey is an amazing place for all!

Discussion in Travel started by dhrynio • Dec 19, 2012.

1. dhrynio

dhrynioMember

Threads:
    I know it is international and tickets will be a bit, but it is a wonderful experience. we had such a lovely time. The people are amazing, friendly, welcoming and kind. The food is to die for. I could stay and eat those salty cheeses, olives and everything with eggplant all dy!

Here is the hotel where we stayed taken from our balcony. The hotel is the Long Beach resort near Alanya.
    P1060689.

The hotel from the beach side across the road, you actually take a tunnel under the road to go from hotel to beach, it was pretty cool!
    P1060713.

Alanya from the castle ruins above
    P1060897.

And who can resist a Turkish coffee, feet up and the sea air!
    P1060925.

2. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    Wow, you know y'all have a blast out there. I always wanted to go visit another country and this might be the one I pick from. It look really beauty out there. How much was the tickets to fly out there?

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a friend who visited Turkey. She loved it. She bought me the most beautiful handmade scarf. It looks amazing from the pictures you posted especially the beach.

4. dhrynio

dhrynioMember

Threads:
    We actually got it through a travel agent as an all inclusive pack, so airfare, hotel and all food and ameneties from Poland to Turkey. We went for a week, two adults and two kids. It was about $800 each for the week.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Omg that place looks beautiful i would love to go and see it in person one day i have always wanted to go to a different country but never had the chance to. The beach looks so pretty and the water looks so pure and blue it looks like a very fun and relaxing place to go.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    That looks so beautiful....I haven't really given it much thought as a destination but I may reconsider. :)

7. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    Dhrynio - gorgeous photos and thank you for sharing them here. When you hear the word 'vacation', it's easy to immediately think of Hawaii, Mexico, France or Jamaica. Rarely do I ever think of Turkey, but you have definitely changed my mind. It is reasonably affordable also, especially for four people.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been to Turkey twice on holidays with the family when I was a kid and I have to agree on the people. They are so friendly and welcoming, the most friendly people I have ever met! Turkey is a beautiful country with lots to offer.

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard that Turkey is a wonderful place to visit and the food is awesome but seeing your photos makes me want to go there now! It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. I really like the photo with the Turkish coffee! Thanks for sharing this with us.

10. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    <<<parts of Turkey where i wont get hassled all the time, with beautiful scenery etc away from the norm,<<<

it sounds like Cirali would be the perfect place for you to relax and inwind... Cirali is a small village located about 1 hours drive southwest from Antalya ( 1.5 hrs from the Antalya airport ) and boasts a beautiful secluded 4 km beach, the ruins of Olympos, the flames of the Chimeara, as well as a protected area by the WWF for the nesting of the Caretta sea turtles.

No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out. ..