T.V. s on black Friday?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by dreamseer • Oct 23, 2013.

1. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    Our flat screen T.V. just recently got broke and my husband wants to go buy another one. I'm trying to convince him to wait for Black Friday. I never go shopping on Black Friday because I don't like big crowds. But on this one, I'm willing to face the crowds to save some money. Can anyone tell me what kind of deals there were last year on 42 inch or larger flat screens? I know we can wait a month, and if I can get an idea of how much we might save, I think I'll be able to convince him.:rolleyes:

2. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest i dont think the deals will be THAT great. As a matter of fact, you may be better off waiting until "cyber monday" and checking websites such as newegg, tiger direct, amazon and even best buy.

Even then, I've seen graphs that show prices will trend up torward the holiday season and then take a "dive" to normal prices for black friday. There are still some OK deals to be had, but black friday isnt necessarily the magical savings event that everyone makes it out to be. You're better off researching TV's, what makes one better than the other, and finding the best price on one that meets your needs. Without knowledge and research, you will most likely end up overpaying for whatever tv you get anyway.