Uber Driver

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pat • Sep 8, 2015.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my area Uber is looking for drivers using your own car. The commerical sounds interesting. Has anyone here thought about driving for Uber with their own car and if so how did it work for you?

2. paultrump1

paultrump1Member

Threads:
    That'll be more convenient for car owners to earn extra cash on their way home. But drivers should be verified.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't want my car to be used by Uber but I avail of Uber services when I don't have my car. I was in the mall one time and I texted Uber for a service. What's good in Uber is that they do not accept cash, only credit card is accepted as payment. But I gave the driver a tip. Another time, I took a ride in Uber to the business district where traffic is so bad. But the driver was still smiling so I gave him a big tip. By the way, those drivers own their cars and only affiliates of Uber.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Uber drivers have to watch out for weird passengers who could threaten their safety. Therefore, I don't think it's a job that should be gotten into without some self defense and gun training. In other words, it's not the same as getting a fast food job. On the other hand, nobody is really totally safe from crime.

5. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I've been thinking about getting a car that I can use for either Uber or Grab and have someone drive it for me to earn something extra while I'm doing my own office job. I have friends in US who gets a car lease and then use it for their Uber business.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't like my own car to be used by Uber. Instead I may have to try get another car and give it out for Uber use and make money. This is the kind of arrangement I would like.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    One of my friends became an Uber driver and quit because someone regurgitated in the car. You can imagine how that would have felt in a new car.

8. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I have always thought of doing something like this or delivering packages for a company like Hermes. It's a nice way to get some extra cash on the side but I don't think the money that you can make from doing this is decent unless you do it full time. The problem with uber I find is the low rates

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Can anyone explain me what is Uber exactly? Of late I have been hearing this work too much. Is this a car rental company, or a company that has taxi cabs in the city. Where is uber based.

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Uber is convenient for riders although a bit more expensive than regular taxi cabs. If you're interested to be a Uber partner, you'll have to be aware of your country's legal requirements. It's not as easy as just signing up with Uber, You'll be using your car to convey people to their destinations and for that, you'll receive payment which is a form of income that's taxable so you'll have to register with your company's tax agency. Your car will be functioning like a taxi so you'll need to register and obtain a certificate of public convenience or its equivalent in your country. Just recently, Uber and Grab taxi were slapped with heavy penalties in our country for allowing their partners/drivers to drive without a certificate of public convenience.

Uber has certainly provided a way for people to earn money using their vehicles. A neighbor bought a new car on installment and to be able to pay it off and earn a little cash at the same time, he signed up with Uber.