Uggs

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by iampeebs • Sep 5, 2012.

1. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    Do you think Uugs are ugly and wouldn't be caught dead in them or can't live without? I bought a pair in a garage sale for 50 cents and have to say that they are the most comfortable things ever, but are ugly as sin. Mine are on their last legs or beyond and I need to replace. Wish I could find that kind of deal again!

2. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    The original UGGS design was ugly, as far as I'm concerned. They've come out with new designs since then that are better looking, though. I wouldn't buy them at the price they sell them for but I might if I got them for less than $20 a pair. Some of the Payless Airwalk boots look just like UGGS at a much smaller price, plus you can usually get a coupon for Payless.

3. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    While I agree that many look the same, there is a huge different when I put them on my feet. I don't buy them for the look as they are hideous, but I have never felt anything more comfortable. I have to say that they are coming out with cheaper versions that were in Marshall's and they were so uncomfortable. They had a very hard sole and did not have fur in the bottoms.

4. jaimie_lorraine

jaimie_lorraineMember

Threads:
    I would think that most people agree that UGGS are hideous, but they keep your feet so warm and are extremely comfortable. I wear them on occasion with my skinny jeans so I can just tuck in my pants and not get snow in them when outside. I live in Wisconsin and we get a lot of snow in the winter months so I have a lot of pairs of boots. UGGS are my go to when I need comfort.

5. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    Now, that makes sense! I honestly have worn my pair to death and still wear them. I cringe at what I am going to have to pay for a new pair. Have you ever bought the inside sole replacements? I am thinking of doing that with my old and using them for indoors.

6. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Uggs are one of the most ugliest pairs of shoes. They are not only ugly, but also quite sloppy looking. What's also horrible that if they're not genuine Uggs then manufacturers use cruel means to use raccoon dogs by skinning them alive and throwing the body into a pile of other bodies.

7. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    The original Uggs was very ugly, but the company has since created new designs that look good. However, I would only purchase shoes from the Uggs brand when its on sale.

8. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    They had some of the newer ones with studs in Marshall's and I was so excited. I tried them on and they felt like nasty, cheap shoes. There was no fur in the bottom and the bottom was rock hard. I was so disappointed as they were so much better looking.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of Uggs. I live in Southern California and it really doesn't get that cold here. Though some people think 50 degrees is cold. I see girls and women wearing them with shorts in the summertime. I really just don't get it.

10. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I hate Uggs they are the most ugliest shoes ever created. I don't care if they comfortable they are hideous. And people will wear them until they fall apart, their toe could be sticking out and they will still wear them. They really need to find a new design. lol

11. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I wish they would find a new design. I live in extreme cold or I would never be caught dead in them. I just don't get the shorts trend.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think they're horribly ugly, too.

If I got a pair for 50 cents, though, I'm sure I could be persuaded to wear them around the house at least. I hear they're really comfortable.

13. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    I happen to like uggs boots and shoes. I actually went to store from downtown and I saw some uggs boots for 20.00 and I was impressed by what I saw, but then I went online to look some up and I saw tha they were on sale for like 2.00. I wear uggs boots only in the winter time and if it is going to work with the outfit that I have on. Like I said, I like wearing uggs boats but only if the outfit calls for it or if at that time I can afford it.

14. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    UGGly as heck. Oh the day I'm caught wearing these will be my last. I really can't understand why girls wear them in the middle of the summer with super super mini skirts on.

I am all about comfort! I'm not one of those girls and women who tortures herself for fashion or beauty. So I get the UGGs are the most comfortable ever ever argument.

But I guess those girls did not learn a very valuable Stacey and Clinton from What Not to Wear lesson: fashion should be comfortable!! But it should also look good! You can have it all ladies! You really can.

But for 50 cents wear em around the house or in the yard when you push your kids on the swing or pick up dog doo-doo. They are basically outdoor slippers.

15. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    Has anyone seen any sales for them online? Mine are looking so sad and really want some now that we moved to northern VT, but hate the price. I am trying to find the original basic short ones cheap. I never seem to find them on sale.

16. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    I think UGGS are cute on some people such as children, but I don't like how bulky the shoe is. I have a pair, and it does keep your feet warm in the winter months, and I don't think I looked bad in them, but I prefer other boots that are slimmer and geared towards my style. I've seen people wear them in the summer, and I don't understand why as the boots have fur inside, and it doesn't look good at all in hot weather.

17. Brook

BrookMember

Threads:
    Even though I'm older than 50, I occasionally borrow my daughters UGGS on really cold days. They are toasty warm and pretty comfortable. I just wish the price was a bit lower or at least put them on sale occasionally! I don't think they are very attractive but sometimes fashion has to go on the back burner!

18. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    Uggs are quite warm and comfortable but I rarely wear them. They don't look very good on me. I have tones of better shoes at home.

19. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't like uggs and I have to admit that they are comfortable but very scary and ugly looking. I love shoes that look feminine as well as classy so therefore I am always wearing some kind of leather boots. Uggs to me are a waste of money unless you truly love them and are not trying to copy the "fashion trend".

20. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Uggs wear warm and comfortable, though it looks not good. For me, comfort is more important.