Uk people - where do you buy your clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by lucyarty • Jan 8, 2015.

1. lucyarty

lucyartyMember

Threads:
    When I was a cash-strapped student, I thought it would be a great idea to do the bulk of my clothes shopping in Primark, and at first it seemed like I was right. Then, inevitably, all my clothing fell apart way earlier than I was used to, so it didn't really save me any money in the long term. (I also started to think it might be ethically questionable).

These days, I shop mostly in H&M and Next - I don't have much time on my hands for clothes shopping and these are my go-to retailers, which seem to strike a decent balance between quality and affordability, and I tend to like the styles of clothing they sell. It would be nice to have more than two retailers to make a beeline for whenever I need a new pair of trousers, though!

Where do you shop for clothes, if you're in the UK?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Money is really tight right now so I get most of my clothes from the charity shops right now. I get underwear and shoes from Primark or George at Asda. H & M are really reasonable too.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh I thought people, especially fashion-conscious women, flock to Mango, Victoria Beckham's stores or anywhere the Duchess of Cambridge buys her dresses. I may be wrong but there are a number of markets and bazaars in the UK. In London alone, there's the famous Portobello Road, where all sorts of goods are being sold. They even have a so-called fashion market there.

4. lucyarty

lucyartyMember

Threads:
    Haha, I have no doubt that Victoria Beckham's clothing passes the quality test - probably not so much the affordability one though! Yeah I love H&M, it's where I buy most of my sons' clothes as well and they seem to have a long-term 3 for 2 offer on children's stuff, which is great. Nice range of boy things, too, unlike a lot of clothes shops.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is the illusion people have of people in London. Portobello is trendy but is all vintage clothing and no, not a place for mass buying as thet have exclusive boutiques there.

I don't like Mango, I prefer Zara or Jigsaw but these days it is more expensive so i do shop at Primark for basics. George at Asda and Florence+ Fred are also good at Tesco and is up to date and fashionable.