UK stockbroker

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Hedonologist • Jan 14, 2014.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I've never invested before, but I've got a small amount put by, and I would like to consider investing it in shares. I've looked at Barclays, but I've heard a lot of negative reviews about them and their prices do seem rather high. I am looking for an execution only trader.

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Small amount, I assume to be under $10k.
    In that case, your local bank might be a good place to start. Don't really know what's available in the UK but I'd just go to a few different banks and take the best offer. No monthly/yearly fees is obvious when you're just starting out, then you want to take a look at the commission in the markets where you want to buy.

3. jamescarroll

jamescarrollNew Member

Threads:
    Barclays aren't the best. Your best bet would be one of the online execution only brokers like Selftrade, Hargreaves Lansdown, or AJ Bell (good comparison here:

). I've used Selftrade for a few years and they're pretty good although about the be acquired by Equiniti. Be careful to avoid any with inactivity fees.