Uncommon Goods

Discussion in Online Shopping started by LilAnn • Jun 21, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:

I have absolutely no use for anything on the Uncommon Goods site. I don't know anyone who does. But if I had the money, I could find a use for very single piece of it! The yard dice are my favorite. And if I got them they would not ever get played with. But I want them rely badly.

2. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    Hey, nice find!

I've not come across this website before, I think I'll have a look. Might come handy when I want to send gifts to my overseas family and friends.

They maybe not useful but can be nice decorations for the house, more like souvenirs or something.

3. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    If I had the money my house would be the coolest house in the state. Most unusual gifts that I buy is for family and friends. I like to give presents that I doubt they already have or may get from someone else. But this website has made me want to redecorate my entire house

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have ordered from this site before, several years ago, when I looking for a unique Christmas gift for my uncle. I don't know if it is still available, but I ordered him a bar of stainless steel...in the shape and the size of a bar of soap. It's used to help get the onion fumes off of your skin after you cut up an onion...to help alleviate onion crying. Rubbing your hands on stainless steel helps stop the crying and burning, so the stainless steel "soap" is great to grab a hold of. He loved it, and still uses it and tells me about it every year when I see him during the holidays.

5. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    Might as well save up for some decorations for Christmas!
    Sounds nice! How was the quality for the price?

Yeah, I was thinking of purchasing some stuff to see how good they look.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's a good place to shop if you are looking for something original or unusual as gift. I have a number of friends who would definitely enjoy some of the items advertised on this site. I will keep it in mind. Thanks for sharing. :)

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I realized I have a spot on my counter that is screaming for a stone water dispenser. Nothing else will look as good

8. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    Time to get into shopping. I still haven't decided what to get yet. There's so many nice stuff.

9. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    GavinGimbo, I would say the quality of the stainless steel "soap" was top-notch. It was the size and shape of a bar of real soap, I'd compare it to a bar of Dove, but completely made of stainless steel. It looked good and works surprisingly well. It could easily rest on the counter behind the sink, even in a nice soapdish, and not look weird in a kitchen.

10. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    This is why my husband gets really mad at me. I get tunnel vision when there's something I want. It eats away at me until I get what I want lol
    Even if its a stone water dispenser

11. Ryan Conen

Ryan ConenNew Member

Threads:
    Nice, I love these little odds and ends -groceries!

12. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    There are several if these websites. All of them have at the very least a dozen or so things i MUST HAVE! I honestly believe I'm the person they're catering to when the come up with these things.

13. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    While I'm not longer fan of casual-looking products, I have to admit that this site has an interesting collection of pieces with a truly original look and great creativity.

i wouldn't buy any of these to decor my house though, but for sure some of the items would make a great gift to surprise my friends, and therefore let me thank your for the links as I'm boomarking it to have it a hand when necessary :)

14. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    Sounds really really nice. You make me want to buy that same item now. I don't mind having a stainless steel soap bar lying on my kitchen or bathroom sink!
    Haha. I too get carried away when I see good looking things on the Internet. The money is my only limitation though! :)

15. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Nice site (bookmarked!), I find the DIY kits, arts & crafts and home & decor most interesting. I love to get this one (fire escape shelf). It's really a great site to buy gifts from. Thanks for sharing. :)
    23096_zoom1.

16. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, money is my issue, too. But I'm one of those people who had rather have something I want than say electricity or telephone. That's why my husband wants to strangle me sometimes lol
    This is also why I'm not sitting at the computer with a debit card, buying everything on that website.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The prices on those items are certainly not friendly for the masses. It's not within my budget. Lol. Although for the people that have money, I'm sure they will have no problem buying from that store.

18. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    You see people who come into some money, and they almost always buy a fast car and a huge house. But, cross my heart, if I came into some money I would pay off my bills, buy a $13,000 Saturn Ion, brand new, and shop at these sort of websites. It's silly, right?

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @LilAnn@LilAnn, Maybe you just want to have unique items, there's nothing wrong with that at all. It's similar to buying an expensive painting. For me though, I'd rather spend money on Apple products if I had a lot of extra money. The brand new Iphones and Macbooks are totally out of my budget! :p

20. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I absolutely loved browsing this store, and I was so torn; the site has so many amazing options for such exorbitant prices (especially considering the shipping and handling, though the tax write-off was nice)! I also did not like how I could not use PayPal to pay for the item I wanted (I chose the banned books socks). However, I definitely recommend it to anyone who has a little extra spending money in their budget and a credit card.