Underrated Technological Devices

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Apr 20, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My brother recently got a new TB hard drive and he got it at regular price though what's different about this was that the device is able to get serve as a wireless server to keep files in so all gadgets using the same Wifi could easily view or transfer the files in that drive. Also it's great that the server is expandable as well so you could even put in even more TB hard drives for even more storage. It makes me wonder why more people don't just buy these hard drives instead since they're pretty much the same price as regular ones that can only be plugged in to one computer at a time.

Do you have any technological items that you consider under appreciated?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, that depends on how much he paid for it. It's possible that it would be cheaper to just buy a normal hard drive, plug it into the pc, put the files you want streamed there and then just set your PC up as a sharing point, so in the end it would be same as the HDD. But again, depends on the price. I did not know stuffl ike this exists, tho, interesting. :)