unhealthy food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by maddie • Feb 15, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Which is the most unhealthy food you eat everyday? I have cut out most of the healthy things in my diet yet, I either drink one cup of coffee with sugar or eat something sugary each day.. I have been struggling with this for a while now.. I had given up totally and then during the Holiday season.. I got back to this bad habit all over again.
    Do you have something you need to cut out completely from your diet?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'm not big on sugary stuff, but I do love savoury snacks, and that's probably the one thing I really need to cut out. I eat a lot of fruit, vegetables, pulses and low fat protein, so my diet is basically healthy. I ration myself to one large bag of potato crsips a week, so at least I'm limiting the amount I eat, and I think you need a little treat now and again.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Low-fat is not healthy. The low-fat dogma is being challenged in the mainstream media now. Within 10-years I believe the conventional wisdom will be completely debunked and the general public will not be so afraid of saturated fat.

I don't eat any unhealthy foods each day, only the odd cheat meal once every few weeks.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have eliminated more "bad" foods from my diet. Every once in awhile, I will indulge in a cinnamon bun. I feel guilty when I do that. I should probably incorporate a cheat day or meal in my diet. I don't like feeling guilty when I eat.

5. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    It honestly depends on what's in the fridge. If I have a nice, wholesome meal and I have fruit and yogurt for snacks, then I won't eat anything unhealthy. Recently my sandwiches for lunch have been on white bread, so that's probably the most unhealthy thing in my day as of late.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I think I make small excess with flour in my daily diet. Every day I try to regulate the consumption of products made ​​from wheat flour, but it's a few months consuming process. Furthermore, beyond that I don't commit excesses, I think I should minimize the consumption of carbonated beverages. In general terms, I have a balanced diet, but there are a few details that I must improve. Gradually I began to eat more vegetables and cereals. Similarly, I do the responsible consumption of salt and sugar. These are small changes in the short term that result in major health benefits. The key? Enjoy every product that we ingest. :)

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Sweets. I just cannot not eat them if there's any. Anything from cookies to chocolate bars. It's not like I eat that all that long, though. Besides, I definitely don't need to lose any weight and my cholesterol is fine.

8. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I still put flavored creamer in my coffee. It has a ton of sugar and unnatural ingredients, but I still use it. I'm cutting back on it and always looking for alternatives. I use milk sometimes or a soy based creamer, but none of it tastes quite as good as the sugary sweet stuff. I've been thinking of avoiding it for 30 days. I hope after avoiding it, I won't have a taste for it anymore.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a sweet tooth that demands attention, the beast requires chocolate, cookies and muffins. The beast is hard to keep at bay:) That is the only bad habit I have. I don't eat fried food or add salt to my food just that darn sweet tooth.

10. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a lot of unhealthy foods but I like to have chocolate turtles every now and then.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I think mine would be soda i drink it everyday all day i can't seem to stop i have tried to cut down but it never works

12. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Some of the foods that are part of my very unhealthy diet are coffee, chocolate drinks, chips, and chocolates. I'm always trying to get away from these but I just can't since I always get hungry and I don't have the time to prepare a healthy diet. I just grab anything that I can hold on to such as chips and chocolates. However, I'm really cutting on my caffeine and I started to practice water therapy so that I can be more healthy.

13. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Soda. I hate the idea of soda, and I never order it when I'm out at a restaurant, but my husband insists on keeping it in the fridge, and I am compulsive when it comes to food. I don't keep junk in the house for that reason, and when my husband buys some for himself, he hides it from me. Unfortunately, the soda cannot be hidden as stays in the fridge.

14. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Who doesn't :D I think you're not alone on this one and I'd be surprised if there was someone here who could say they have a TOTALLY strict, zero sugar/fatty diet. I don't think their is anything wrong including food in your diet that might be a bit naughty so long as you do it in moderation. Even the good stuff is bad for you if you do it to excess. You need a bit of everything. ;)

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most unhealthy food that I eat most often would be junk food and sweets. I drink softdrinks, but not often. I think that it's ok to eat unhealthy food once in a while as long as it's done in moderation.

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad that I am not the only one struggling with this... I have been able to tame the sweet tooth beast to a large extent... but the sugar in my coffee, a little honey with my plain yogurt somehow gets into my diet.. I wish I can have my sweet tooth pulled out and be free of this guilt :eek:

17. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually make a big breakfast every day - eggs, home fries, bacon or sausage, english muffins, OJ, etc... I know they say that breakfast is important, but I can't start my day off with a bowl of oatmeal or something like that. I gotta have eggs and home fries at least. I'll sometimes try to tone it down a bit by using cooking spray instead of butter, or having canadian bacon instead of regular bacon or sausage, but that's about. I really don't like the taste of egg substitute, so that's out of the question.

18. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    There's actually nothing wrong with including honey in your diet. It's totally different to the processed white grainy stuff, which totally wrecks your teeth. Honey can still be bad for your teeth if you don't brush regularly. But other than that it's fine, and contains a lot of health benefits, too. I consume honey every day.

19. wolfpacklovin

wolfpacklovinNew Member

Threads:
    I'd have to say that coffee with sugar would also be the most unhealthy item in my diet. I don't use white sugar though, only organic. I also use raw honey in my coffee. Raw honey is actually not as bad for your teeth as sugar, it has healthy bacteria in there as marvelz suggested. Honey is a great alternative, but the store bought honey is just as processed as sugar. You have to get raw, organic honey. Which if you can't purchase it locally, I am sure you can order it online. :)

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    There is nothing healthy or unhealthy that I eat every single day. I mix up my foods a lot, so there's never any single culprit.

I suppose carbs are probably something I eat too much that would be considered unhealthy. I love my pastas.