United Airways Scam

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by downloadsincomplete • Dec 11, 2013.

1. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    I keep getting emails for travel deals for "United Airways" and they come with links where you fill out your own information. It looks very official and even has its own logo. But keep in mind...the real airline companies are called United Airlines or US Airways. These scammers are just taking two popular airline names and combining them into one, fake company that doesn't exist. Of course, they hope you don't notice and just want your info instead.

So just be careful out there. If you are unsure of an airline, just Google the name of it to see if it actually legit or a scam of some sorts.

2. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    Whether or not the company seems fake shouldn't matter in this situation; if they somehow have your email even though you never submitted it personally, you shouldn't give them any kind of information at all.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried replying with REMOVE in the subject line? Sometimes that works for me when I get these type of scammy emails. You'll know right away because if it does not get through you should receive a Delivery Failure notice reply back. Hope this works for you.