Unpopular grilled foods

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Sweetkymom • Jun 3, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    We all like a good grilled out supper but are often at a loss on what we want. I'm personally burnt out on hamburgers, hotdogs and pork chops. I thought about making a unusual grilled stir fry. What are some unusual grilled foods you've ate? Would you make it quite a bit more?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be completely grossed out by squid, but now I love it. If you enjoy calamari, you could try grilling the whole squid instead of cutting it up, breading it and frying it. It cooks up super fast, it's lean and healthy, and they are pretty easy to clean when you get them fresh. All you do is remove the outer shell, the "spine" which is like a plastic feather inside them, then clip off the "beak" and the ink sack. Everything else is edible. There's no gross veins or cartilage, organs, or other gross stuff like you get with other whole animals.

Baby bok choy grills up nicely too, as do many vegetables. Just slice it in half and toss it with a little oil, then season it and throw it on the grill.

Firmer fish steaks, from fish such as Sword Fish and Tuna also grill up nicely.