Up-cycled fashion jewelery

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by maddie • Feb 27, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Here are some interesting pieces of Jewelry made from CD's I mean it.. there is a link to the Diy project..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Read

Do you have any other idea for some stylish upcycled jewelry like this? Please share your ideas..

2. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have to say I love these do it yourself projects. I think these creations are beautiful. I really like the bracelet above. It seems like it would be easy to make but then also hard to color them if you do not have color Cd's. Its crazy to think how you can file down a CD to actually make it smooth. I am going to research this a little further so I can try it. Have you made you some jewelry with used CD's? If so could you add a picture or pictures of your project.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love this idea. CD's have always been difficult for crafters to work with and I always see the same projects with CD's like coasters and reflectors to scare birds away from gardens. This is the first really unique craft project that I have seen with CD's that actually changes the appearance of the CD. Thank you for sharing the pics.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These are cute, a good use for all of the old CD's in the junk drawer. I have seen the CD's put on the walls like mirrors also. Warming the CD and bending the edge to make it a holder is another good idea.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I found cutting the CD to be the most difficult part of the project. I just found a video that could help you do it easily.
    [video=youtube_share;y51kQaNkTqM]http://youtu.be/y51kQaNkTqM[/video]

6. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Thanks! That was very informative! You have to be very creative to think of things like this. I know I am going to try it now just to see how it would work. I am going to do some more research on colors and stamps that would work. I wonder if anyone has ever put a clothe pattern to their design with a hot glue gun?

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    These are absolutely amazing! I mean, I'm neither a crafty person nor a jewelry person, but I think it's incredible that these used to be cds! I have a girlfriend who sells hand made jewelry... I wonder if she knows about this?

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I did some more searching and .. here are some good designs I found.. i kind of like them a lot. I will try my hand at this.. I love being creative..
    cd-earrings-cd-jewelry-art-cd-e-39_84650_detail.
    CD_Necklacesm.

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Wait these pieces of jewelry were made from CD boxes. You wouldn't know it to look at them. Talk about recycling something that would just be thrown away and become part of a land filled otherwise. This jewelry looks so high quality in the photos, as I said above you wouldn't know what they were made from except maybe if you studied them carefully. Kind of like those safety pin necklaces and jewelry that my sister made some years back.

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, exactly! I never even thought this is possible. This just shows how creative people are becoming with each year.
    I would love to at least attempt this one day. I am sure this project would take me quite some time.
    I am sure that it is very well worth it too!

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love your bracelets and earrings and also the necklaces. I love to make jewelry and this is another one to try. It seems like it would be hard to do but well worth the time. I am a fan of pink and my favorite color so keep up the good work and bring us more ideas.

12. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    apparently if you bake games CD you get a bright looking purple to work on. These are indeed very innovate uses of Cd that would fill landfills and harm our environment.
    Here is some more very simple and easy to make CD jewelry
    6a00e398202d3d8833013481390c0d970c-pi.