Ups, Fedex, And Dhl

Discussion in Shipping Services started by AngelicDevilTel • Jan 31, 2015.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    Okay so these are probably some of the worst delivery services ever; at least in my area.
    Mainly, all three of them, when they deliver to my house they just leave the package at the front door without ringing the doorbell or they ring the doorbell once and leave the package a few minutes later.

I usually have to check the tracking the even know the package is out there or my mom ends up bringing it in The House because they delivered it early and I didn't know it was out there.

This is why when I order something I am praying that it is coming through USPS.

I am really surprised that I haven't had anything stolen by now, but crossing my fingers that doesn't happen.

2. Noodlesoups

NoodlesoupsNew Member

Threads:
    I have the worst luck with FedEx where I live. The are I live in is rural about an hour away from their facility and sometimes if they don't want to deliver something that day it doesn't get delivered. I have had the best experiences with UPS and surprisingly the USPS too. As far as leaving packages without ringing the bell goes I'm afraid that's pretty standard practice. You can always put it in the delivery notes that you want them to ring the bell, or even leave a note on your door. I am signed up for UPS signature service, it's free for basic membership and they send me an e-mail whenever a package at my address is being sent out and when it is delivered. Sometimes it even tips you off if a present is coming your way since it will tell you that you are going to receive a package and you know that you did not order anything.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised more parcels don't go missing the amount I have seen left on the sidewalk of a house or on the porch. I guess that's one good thing about apartment buildings that they leave them inside there at least.
    I did live in a rural area and they never knocked and left things on my porch. Fortunately it was very safe, but it did surprise me as sometimes I would just walk out and find a box.

Now if I expect something I keep a look out. So far I have never had anything lost or stolen.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We've had nasty experiences with courier services over the years. I find they're very inconsiderate and not very effective. The courier guys tend to be very lazy and will lie about having turned up, rung the bell and not been answered, when all the while we were home! I think out of the three, we've had the best luck with DHL.

5. Noodlesoups

NoodlesoupsNew Member

Threads:
    I've had a similar experience like that too Lushlala, with FedEx. I was sitting on my couch 5 feet from my door waiting for my package to be delivered because I knew that I had to sign for it. I paid for overnight shipping since it was a replacement cell phone, and I don't have a home phone. My husband came home from work and found a note on the door that told me to go to the facility an hour away and pick it up or wait until the next day. I was furious! There was no way that the person had rang the doorbell or knocked without me hearing it. I can't even understand why they would drive all that way and not even try to deliver the package???? I don't think anyone who pays $15 for overnight shipping is going to get mad if you ring their doorbell 15 or 20 times, they want their package.

6. Lushlala

Threads:
    It's just ridiculous, Noodlesoups! -and you are right, their depots are usually somewhere very far from where you are!My husband and I concluded that they must want to complete their rounds in as little time as possible, because obviously getting people to come out and sign for their packages must eat into their time. But it's just so unfair and annoying!

7. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    Never had any issues with DHL, which is the only shipping company of those 3 with which I've had experience. Had more that 5 orders placed which came via DHL, and they've always been right on time, professionally, delivered to my door. Nothing ever got stolen, nothing ever came in bad shape, and the tracking service has always been spot-on accurate.
    I have nothing but praise for them.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I went outside to feed the stray cats the other evening, and found 4 big boxes sitting in the driveway. I was glad the guy put them in the driveway near the house, rather than leaving them outside the front gate like the last few times, but still, if I hadn't gone out to feed the cats, the packages would have sat there all night, and might have been stolen. They could have also attracted wild animals into my driveway, since one contained 30 lbs of cat kibble.

9. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You guys all have bad luck with delivery drivers. I love the guys and gals from both UPS and FedEx. They're pretty friendly, although they obviously don't stand around and chat when they drop off packages. I've never had issues with them, and I've even had pleasant experiences with OnTrac, which is a company that has a terrible reputation for customer service and delivering packages on time. It's stupid to make general blanket statements about delivery services.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    DHL is the only delivery that we had tried when my nephew sent me a purse from Hongkong. I was really surprised because I was not expecting the delivery would be that fast. When I informed my nephew that the purse he sent was already here, he said that DHL is very reliable when it comes to delivery schedules. So I guess DHL has a good reputation with their present customers.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I've had the best experience with FedEx. They are SO much gentler on packages than UPS. I use them whenever possible, though due to the popularity of UPS by large businesses, that is not usually an option.

When it comes to the express services, though, UPS seems to do a really good job. I receive packages from Amazon Prime that are UPS delivery and so far have not had any problems with it. But if I was going to ship something myself, especially if it was a larger package, I would definitely go with FedEx.

12. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    I do a lot of online shopping, and have had no problems with any shipping company. My carport is off the driveway and I have a large white outdoor rocking chair placed near my back door. Everyone places the boxes in back of the chair. Once I had a delivery from a shipping company that dropped a box over my back cement wall into the backyard and left a note on my back door to look there. Fortunately, the box was in good shape and the item was in perfect shape.

The drivers love it if you can meet them at the curb. If the box is heavy, they will carry it to where ever you suggest. But, if the box is lightweight and easy to carry I'll just take it from them. They are always in a hurry, but the drivers are very friendly. When I'm walking out and about on other streets, they will wave and honk their horn briefly, and I'll wave back.

My neighbor teases me when a driver rides by my house and delivers to someone on my street, but not to me. He says "Oh my, I see the UPS driver crying because he doesn't have a delivery for you!" :)

13. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I have never encountered any negative experiences with FedEx and DHL. Well, most of the things I send and receive through them are documents so I guess my experience is different. When it comes to the staff, they've all been courteous and careful in handling the things I send through them. I guess the satisfaction of a customer depends mostly on the quality of service of the staff and not on the company itself. In my case, I'm quiet contented with the services of the staff that I encounter. :)

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only received a package from DHL, and it arrived in less than a week after it was shipped. Over here they will really call you from the gate so that you can sign on their smartphone as proof that you have received the package. I wonder why it's so lax in the US. No documents to sign? That's weird.

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    That's one of my bug bears, Diane Lane....because I always wonder whose fault it would be if someone walked by and decided to walk steal with those parcels?! I mean, is it really asking too much if indeed the door isn't answered, to call the person and see if they're in??