UPS kinda sucks

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nick2011 • Apr 18, 2013.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I am currently awaiting the delivery of my new Desktop PC tower from UPS. It was sent last Thursday, and was supposed to arrive according to E-bay, yesterday. But UPS on their site said today. So it's 2pm EST, and nothing yet. And my package was marked as out-for-delivery as of 6:30 this morning. I am also keeping a close eye on the UPS site because I read they like to mark things as delivered when they never even knocked on your door to deliver anything.

But UPS ground all in all kind of sucks. That's my review. I ordered PC equipment from FedEx last fall and it got here in the AM, early. Like 10 or something. And...it came a whole day early! UPS seems to be deathly slower. I just hope it gets here in one piece. Then again, I'd also like to know why my package took 2 whole days to get from Hodgkins Illinois to New York City. When from Chicago to New York, is a 13 hour drive.

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    FedEx is much better then UPS in my opinion! I have had good and bad experiences with UPS. I have also heard in the past from somebody who used to work there that they are not allowed to have more then so many packages on the truck when they return. I guess the company is not worried about people being home, they just want drivers to make sure they do not have many boxes left on the truck. Rumor has it that sometimes drivers would drop boxes off somewhere until the next day so they could try to deliver again the next day. This was supposedly to prevent them from getting in trouble for having too many packages undelivered when they were done for the day. But I don't know definitely, that is just what I heard.

3. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, wow. I've never had issue with UPS, it's always been FedEx! The biggest one being they can literally never find my parent's house. I spent 18 years of my life there and never got a package from FedEx. We'd always get phone calls around 5pm saying our house couldn't be located by their drivers and that we had to drive 30 minutes to pick up the package ourselves. We began to get everything shipped to us via UPS and started actually getting the packages to our door.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Our friends who live in the UK sent out some items to their house here in Spain with UPS and we took delivery of them. They arrived at about 4.00pm on the assigned day, and the driver was very helpful. It was also cheap. The only problem was that they couldn't guarantee a time, but the first time the driver came, I asked him if this was their regular time for our area. He said yes, so when they sent a second consignment, we didn't wait in, but made sure we were home before 4. The parcel arrived within 10 minutes of the previous time, so I'd say it was pretty reliable in Europe, from our limited experience.

Of course, if it's a franchise - which I believe it is - the service is only as good as the franchise holder.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to think it depends on the state you live in, because i never had a problem with them. Now FedEx on another hand... It's seem they are completely different companies in each state, because a friend of mine that also lives in a state different than mine has problems with both.

I know that they are huge companies, and can't be bothered to check every single employee, but damn, at least try to have some respect for people's orders.

6. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

They suck even more now because I tested the item and it has a damaged or faulty video card. Which means I now have to send a 40 pound box back to South Dakota!! And UPS wants a $10 pick up charge from me! LOL! Not gonna happen. I am currently trying to get a USPS label. I can walk to the post office from my house in like ten minutes, get delivery confirmation there, and be done with it.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had only positive experiences with UPS. Their pick up service is excellent and their customer service is good too.
    I recently had an item delivered by UPS and I had to return it, they will very helpful and fast.

8. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Maybe that's in your area. Or depends on what you're getting. I admit, their pick up service is ok. And when I order items from Amazon.com, they come promptly. But when ordering from a regular person on ebay or getting something from someone who's not a large company, they seem to slack off.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of UPS. My friend lost some really important documents via UPS. It turned into a horrible experience.

They also tend to leave stuff outside my door. That can be a big problem. I usually use FedEx or even the US Postal Service over UPS. They used to offer high quality service.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've had some serious issues with UPS...there customer service is really, really lacking. Plus they have a horrible habit of leaving things on my porch even when they are specifically marked to be signed for. This includes medication that my husband has mailed to him from amber pharmacy and things of that nature, which can be really dangerous.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    So I ordered another computer from E-bay and the seller is again shipping UPS. My package is scheduled to arrive end of the day Thursday. Why always end of the day? Seriously.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have gotten a lot of things through ups and have never had a problem with them they usually have my things at my door on the day it's suppose to be or sooner maybe it depends on what you order and where from

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another thing is, UPS doesn't really seem to care who signs for a package. I was horrified to see a package listed on the UPS site as delivered when I had never seen it or signed for it. It turns out that they let a relative of mine that was visiting sign for it while I was out and then he put it aside and forgot to mention it to me for 3 days.

They just hand a package over to anyone who happens to sign for it, even if the name doesn't match yours.

14. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    FEDEX did the same thing with my package. Except they stuck a note on my door that said LEFT WITH APARTMENT NUMBER/NEIGHBOR. So I just mosied on over and got my package. I have seen UPS irresponsibly stick posties outside my apartment complex though. On windy days, where the wind can just blow them away and the person would never know their package even came. So I guess slipping it under the door would be a better idea. But my complex has a phone com, where you have to type in the code of what apartment you want. Then they buzz you in. So it's complicated I guess.

15. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I have not had a lot of luck with UPS either. They have a tendency to post a "sorry we missed you" sticky note on the door when they never even bothered to knock in the first place. When living in an apartment complex, they were notorious for just leaving things outside the door even though it required a signature. They left a jewelry order of mine worth well over $500 (because it was for me and about eight other people) at the door. It was supposed to have been signed for. They are lucky no one walked of with it!

FedEx has been a little better, but their delivery status and updates are not always accurate either. They say the package is out for delivery, yet two or three trucks pass by my house and none of them stop. I'm lucky if my order is on the last truck of the day...sometimes it's not even though the tracking still says out for delivery :(

What's even more sad, is the U.S. Postal Service really needs the extra work, but even they cannot pick up and get with the program. They are just as apt to lose packages and mess up on the delivery schedules. Who's left to go with :(

16. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Oh god the United States Postal Service! I will never forgive them for the expedition my flat screen TFT computer monitor took last fall. When it traveled from California, to New Jersey, to Massachusetts, to a black hole of vanishment. And then magically re-appeared in December and arrived at my house in a mangled box with foam bits spilling out of it. Miraculously, the monitor still worked fine outside of a few cracks and breaks on the non-screen part. Mostly the base area. But I will never forgive USPS for that.

17. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have also had the same problems with ups and I just don't feel like complaining to them anymore.
    They do deliver my packages late and whenever I write for them to leave it at my super they end up not leaving it at all. I end up getting my lonely awaited package a few days later.
    I hope their services improves with time.

18. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Well guess what everyone! They came today at 1:10 PM! The bad news? I was at the grocers so I missed them! Now, I have to wait till tomorrow to get my package! Unreal! They suck so bad! When you arrange to be home all day? They don't show until after 5pm! And when you don't arrange to be home all day, they show before 5pm! Arrgh!!!:eek:

19. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The only real hassles I've had with UPS is mainly due to me living in apartments. Often times they won't even bother to try and buzz my apartment to deliver the package, they will just try and leave it with the front desk. And if nobody is at the desk (which they usually aren't), then they will leave a note and postpone the delivery until the next day. This has gone on for a few days in some cases.

20. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I got my package today. They came at 1:30. Sweet. Allowed me to go out and run errands the rest of the day. Just got home like 3 hours ago. Anyways, next time....not sure if I'll use UPS.