Urinary Tact Infection Treatments

Discussion in Pets started by soultakerkage • Oct 20, 2014.

1. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I have a cat that has developed urinary tact infection. I did bring my cat to the veterinarian and he gave us some medication that is working great so far. But I want to ask if anyone can recommend any products that can help prevent this from reoccurring?

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    From what I know (and I'm not a vet or vet student I just read a lot of vet-related books) a big part of that is the water. Make sure their diet consists plenty of water content, whether it's through food or through a water bowl. Keep fresh water available at all times, and if you find that your cat likes dry food more than wet food definitely supplement and make sure they always have fresh water.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    When my dog is having trouble drinking water I add something to it to make it more enticing (like some powdered milk for example). I know actual water is the best but when they are refusing to drink mixing something lightly in to help give the water taste entices them to try it and then I think they realize how thirsty they are. Other than that, I guess I would just keep going with the medicine. I do not yet know of any home remedy to help with that. I have read that a popular homeopathic remedy that is used is Nux Vomica. I have taken this for myself when having an upset stomach and it worked. But I have yet to try it on my pet. I do have a friend who uses remedies on her dogs and cats all the time though with no ill side effects. Remedies are all natural so while you want to be careful not to overdose, you don't have to worry to much about adverse side effects. Try something with a low CC to start or ask the person at your health store about the varying strengths.

4. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Basically just flushing your little furry friend out.. Make sure they have lots and lots of water. And if they're not drinking enough, try changing it up a bit by putting some ice in the water dish or letting them play with a piece