U.S. Packaged Food Products I Should Taste

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • May 13, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    A relative of mine is coming home from the U.S. soon, and I'm wondering if there are any packaged food products you would recommend I should request be brought back. So far, whenever my relative comes home, I usually get Pop Tarts (S'mores and Strawberry flavors) and a few variations of candy bars I like such as Milky Way and Babe Ruth. This is also how I got to get my first taste of Trader Joe's Cookie Butter, which I loved very much, but unfortunately, like Pop Tarts, I've grown a bit tired of them and I'm wondering if any of our members here have any suggestions on what other products I can ask for to be brought back - preferably ones that are easy to pack and don't necessitate refrigeration.

2. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure where you're located, but if you've never had Flamin' Hot Cheetos before, you haven't lived yet. York Peppermint Patties are delicious as well.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My apologies if some of these are already available in your area:

For candy bars - Snickers, Reese's Cups, 100 Grand, Watchamacallit, Reese's Fast Break

What about some popular condiments, like: Heinz Ketchup, A-1 Steak Sauce, Heinz 57 Sauce, Stubb's BBQ Sauce, Bone Suckin' Sauce (bbq), Tapatio Hot Sauce, Franks Red Hot, and others...

Or perhaps some processed cheese products like Cheez Wiz or Easy Cheese.

A selection of colas from the US may be fun as well, there are a bunch of regional ones, aside from the usual Coke and 7-Up, like Vernons, IBC Root Beer, A&W Root Beer, Crush, RC Cola, Hawaiian Punch, Moxie or Squirt.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I still haven't even had the Trader Joe's Cookie Butter, and I'm in the U.S.! Ha. But I keep hearing good things.
    Pickle flavored Pringles potato chips
    The weird flavors of Lays chips (garlic bread is a good one)
    Frank's Red Hot sauce
    that squirt cheese in a can (mmmm)