Use Your Coupons

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TheViper • Nov 9, 2015.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The use of coupons is often overlooked at times going out to eat. You'd be surprised at the amount of money you can save by simply using a coupon or two. How often do you guys use coupons when purchasing food?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These days there is always a coupon code or voucher for 2 for1 or a percentage off. Some friends don't like to use them, but these days people are so used to Groupon it's not as embarrassing as it used to be. Obviously it's not good for certain occasions, but with friends it's fine or to try a new place.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I went to Morrison's this morning, and I bought some Alpro natural yogurt, and when I went to the ti and the lady rung all of my items up, I paid, and then she handed me my receipt, along with two coupons for Alpro yogurts and desserts in the future. I think it was forty percent off. So just a heads up to anyone who may live in the UK, and shops at Morrison's.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always use coupons. There's no shame in using them at all, if manufacturers and supermarkets didn't want us to use them then they wouldn't issue them.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As far as me using the Alpro yoghurt, I don't think I will be using the coupons. I am currently on a strict diet, to get my gut health in check, and can only eat a certain amount of foods, as I feel I have IBS, so I will be giving my coupons to someone else in my family who can make more use of them.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I will never pay full price for a meal anymore if I can help it, because I always find that I have coupons from somewhere that I can use, which is of course a good thing. You should always see if there are discounts available before you go out anywhere, because chances are you will be able to save a lot of money that you can then spend on other things in the future.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well to be honest I usually buy generic so I don't use coupons all that much. My friend brought his newpaper coupons to me last week though, and I did find several I could use. One of the best ones was for buy one bag get one bag free of Purina cat food. You have to use it at Target but still, that is a savings of about 4.00 on the second bag. My reason for not using coupons as much is that you often have to buy 2 of one item to get the 3rd for free, or even with coupon savings the cost of the generic is still less.

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to use coupons, but I find it's getting harder to get my hands on coupons. I for the products I like. I often will wait until the product goes on sale and then combine my purchase with a coupon and it's double savings. I can kick myself when I find unused coupons in my purse that have expired. I feel like I'm throwing money away. I sometimes think I should just use the coupon as soon as I get it so it gets used before it expires.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I always try and search for coupons first before I go out to eat. If the restaurant is one that I particularly would like to try out I would go even without a coupon, but often times I'd allow the coupons available to direct me to where I will be eating next because often times it is the new and obscure restaurants that offer big discounts so they can drum up I some business, so it's a great way for me to not only save but also discover some new places I otherwise would never have paid attention to.

10. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the grocery receipts here (and some of the gas receipts) have coupons printed on the back side. I have used those in the past. I don't go out to eat much these days, but I still look to see if there are any coupons on the receipts that I can take advantage of, just in case. Most of the places aren't ones I would normally eat at, but I have tried a new restaurant or two in the past, because I had a coupon.

One thing I found interesting when I moved down here and found a church I decided to attend is that on the church bulletin, members with businesses would advertise, and sometimes put coupons or offer other discounts. I thought that was a pretty cool way for the church to build a community of members that knew and supported one another. I assume the church got a little money for the advertisements, or perhaps the businesses mentioned bought the flowers/decorations used in the church.

11. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I will look through the Sunday paper for coupons. Although I don't find many for products I am already using I do find some. I have to say it does save me a couple of dollars each week on groceries. I usually use coupons for beauty products since I am not always loyal to a brand. I love using a manufactures coupons and a CVS coupon together. I find that a lot of coupons offered for food are for new brands and snacks and since I have a pretty consistent grocery list I rarely would try these new items.