Used Clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • Apr 10, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Do you buy used clothes? Some are actually good and pretty but someone once told me that most of them were once worn by people alive. So I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing one again. Would you despite knowing that fact?

2. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by they "were worn by people alive". If they're used clothing, they're probably worn by people :) We have several really nice high end used retail stores here. I haven't been in quite awhile, but have gone before. It's great because you can trade in your clothes for credit and use that credit towards new clothing in their store (all the clothes are previously worn). As long as I've cleaned the clothing really well, I have no problem wearing used clothing!

3. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy used clothes. I don't like the idea of using someone else's clothes, especially if I don't know the person. Just not my thing.

4. flemingtm

flemingtmNew Member

Threads:
    I love buying used clothes. People recycle clothes all the time. Hand-Me-Downs from family member to family member, or even borrowing your girlfriend's shoes for tonight. Either way buying others clothes and shopping at flee markets and thrift shops are amazing. Cheap clothes that are sometimes still in season, and still fashionable. It's a steal, you just have to search for the good quality clothes.:rolleyes:

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    The only reason why I don't buy used clothes is that shopping at thrift stores and goodwill stores requires a lot more hunting than shopping at new clothes stores where everything is neatly laid out in groups. I hate the hunting part of bargain shopping. However, if I just so happen to be walking by a thrift store and I see something immediately that I have a need of and it's in my size, I'll absolutely buy it and wear it. I'm the second child of three and we grew up pretty poor, so I've been wearing used clothes my whole life; either my sister's or my neighbors' hand-me-downs. There is no reason why I wouldn't continue to do this except that I hate the experience of bargain shopping.

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am also not a lover of thrift stores for clothing because I rather buy antique pottery or jewelry or something I can use when I am doing one of my arts and crafts projects. I will only accept used clothing if its from a relative because wearing clothing that another stranger wore just doesn't sit well with me. I would probably have to wash the items ten times and I still wouldn't feel good wearing them(haha).

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not too much of a fan of second hand purchases, and especially when it comes to clothes. I don't know who has worn them or where they have been, and I especially don't know what has been done to them prior to the last washing cycle. If it were someone close like a family member, I don't mind and I do go for it, but if it's coming from a stranger, I would rather just spend more on a brand new item.

8. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I think your aversion to used clothes is more of a psychological problem. When I first went shopping in the used clothes shops, my nose itched like mad and I had to take a thorough bath as soon as I got home. Over time, I got used to it.

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have purchased used clothes in the past and I would do it again in the future. I don't mind buying second-hand clothing if the clothing has had very little wear and is in excellent condition. I have bought second-hand on eBay and a forum I'm on.

10. attagirl

attagirlNew Member

Threads:
    There are two things I know. Just because they are used doesnt mean you should have anything to worry about and just because an I item is new with tags at a major retailer doesnt mean someone has not worn it and returned it. I have absolutely no problem what-so-ever wearing used clothing. I have gotten name brand items that would never have been able to afford new at the retail price. I have also been able to find things new with tags in used clothing resale stores or even at yard sales. These to me are just like buying at any normal store. Most the of the clothing I look for are things that are of better quality.

11. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have no problem buying and using used clothes. You can find some really good deals on clothes a lot of the time and there are a lot of clothes that are in really good shape. The prices are usually really good too, especially when you sometimes get to buy one and get one free or sometimes half off and stuff. Also, not everybody can afford to go and buy new clothes, so I think that this is a really good option for a lot of people.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the clothes were rarely used and if they still looked good as new, then I don't mind buying them. I can always wash them thoroughly anyway, so I don't mind if they're used.

13. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I'll buy used clothes, but I always wash the items of clothing before wearing them. I do worry about possible imperfections that come with used clothing, but if the clothing is really expensive at retail value and is in good used condition, I don't mind purchasing it. It's a great way to save money, nonetheless.

14. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live, there's something called a Reject Shop. What they sell are not used clothes but rather clothes which didn't pass QC at the factory. I have bought some clothes from these shops. It takes very close scrutiny to actually see the part which got it rejected by QC.

15. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I do purchase used clothing. I do not mind at all. I find some really nice bargains on the clothes I buy. This is true if they are new or used. I prefer new, who does not. I do not understand why it would make a difference if these clothes were worn by people who are still alive. It is not like I purchase one of a kind items that if I bump into the former owner of the clothing, they are going to know where I got it.

16. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I never buy used clothes ever, especially if I don't know that person. It's just a personal hygiene issue that I have. For all I know they could have wipe their butt with them. I like all my things knew and unused.