Useful Online Stores

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by remnant • Mar 2, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Which useful online stores have you tried? I have come across such online stores as Cafepress and Zazzle. These mostly deal with clothes. After some research, I realized that for monetization to start, it would take at least 6 months. Etsy is also a good online store dealing with art and jewellery. I would like to know which store would be appropriate for selling organic agricultural inputs like fertilizers and pesticides online.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the generic answer to your question would be Ebay. You can sell anything and everything in that site. You can also try Craigslist and Olx.

3. beasleym1989

beasleym1989Member

Threads:
    I am not sure all of Amazon's rules, but that might be an outlet that you look into. It seems like your products may fit into a category over there. You might be able to reach a wider customer base on Amazon, but eBay is definitely worth looking into as well.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    KEH Camera is a great place to sell your used camera equipment. I stumbled across them last summer when I was trying to sell off my camera gear on eBay one item at a time. KEH turned out to be a much more convenient and cost effective option instead. Though you might think that you could get more money for your stuff selling it on eBay, once you factor in all the separate shipping costs, insurance, packaging, and eBay fees - not to mention all the separate trips to the post office, I actually got more bang for my buck going with KEH instead. Their process is really simple, you just fill out a form on their site listing the gear you want to sell and the condition it's in and they give you an estimate of what they will pay you as well as a prepaid shipping label. They will then evaluate your stuff once you ship it to them, and give you a final dollar amount they are willing to pay and if you agree to it, they simply deposit it into your PayPal account. If you decline they offer, they even pay to ship the stuff back to you. In fact, you can check a box when getting your initial estimate that confirms if the dollar amount they are willing to pay you is equal or greater to the final amount they decide on, they can automatically just pay you for it without you having to even confirm it with them. There were no shipping costs on my end, no eBay fees, and no packaging costs or insurance costs. eBay ended up charging me over $80 in listing fees alone, and I had spent over $100 in shipping costs sending the few items I did sell on their site, not to mention having to buy extra packing materials.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    eBay can be a good site to sell any kind of stuff maybe even including agricultural stuff but I share @ohiotom76@ohiotom76's statement regarding the fees you have to pay the site. Chances of selling your stuff is greater because of their already established site but there's just too many different fees that you have to go through when you sell with them. There's the monthly fees plus the separate fee they charge you with their different services and on the actual stuff that you sell. Olx is also a good site if there's one in your country. They offer free usage of their site but the number of items you could post is limited to at least 10 listings. If you have plenty of products to list and sell, you would have to pay a specific amount.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I read the initial post, I have to say that Amazon came to mind. It might be good to dip your feet into the market at eBay also, to see how that goes, but if you're looking to sell a good volume, expand, and make a real go of the business, I think Amazon might be the way to go. That's where I look for those types of products, and they've started a Handmade section in an attempt to siphon some business from Etsy. I don't know the Etsy rules about selling those types of products. I've mainly seen soaps and skin care products and a little bit of food, other than actual handcrafted goods, and Etsy isn't what it used to be, so I would go with Amazon and perhaps eBay.

7. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Have you checked out Amazon? They sell pretty much anything you are looking for. I get a lot of organic food and bath and body products off Amazon. The prices are reasonable and sometimes they qualify for prime. I don't much about fertilizers and pesticides but its worth a shot to check it out!

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thing with pesticides and other agriculture-related products is that though you may not need licenses and certifications to sell the products online, your prospective customers will most likely want to see those certifications. That's why selling pesticides online may not be easy unless they are made by a company that's well known. Initially maybe you could sell directly from your webiste to get the first few customers who'll help market your products?

9. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Ideally, I would first try the most popular sites like Amazon, ebay, craigslist, etc. Then, I would find a good agri auction site [yes those exist] and see if people would be willing to buy my products. Finally, I would contact big farming cos to see if they'd be willing to buy and try. Companies like Bunge are really big on such purchases. Remember the farther you have to send your produce the more you will get. Try to see if you can send it to Brazil or some place like that.

10. Ellen

EllenNew Member

Threads:
    I always check Amazon and eBay. Then do a generic search engine inquiry. Usually I get a really good idea of which way to go from the comparison

11. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    What about Zappos? It provides members with amazing deals on designer apparel and footwear. Neat budget deals over there. Also, provides a live help service that acts as an instant messenger to their 24/7 on-call support team. If you’re having an issue with products, prices or have other inquiries, Zappos has an online platform to ensure that you receive answers to your questions immediately.

12. buddyman

buddymanNew Member

Threads:
    i would suggest you start with ebay to get your feet wet. You can learn a little bit about all phases of ecommerce that way because ebay sellers by nature are more hands on.

Amazon on the other hands is where the most high volume sales lie, BUT if you make certain mistakes or screw up some process because you are new (first day or 5 year veteran) you could easily get your self banned. I've heard they can be ruthless at times and really don't care about your rookie status when certain events occur.

For instance if u get too many complaints on ebay u could lose your top rated status, but if the same happens on amazon your whole account is shut down and you have to apply to have it reopened- sometimes it can take a while if at all.

i've even known sellers to get their accounts shut down because of certain words left in a customers review. its all run by bots. Considering all that, if you work hard and learn the ropes
    and have an awesome product to sell, i have no doubt you can be successful there.

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I normally do my online shopping either in Ebay or Lazada. Haven't tried Amazon yet or other online shops like Alibaba, QVC, Zalora or Bedandbath. I did had some not-so-good experience in Lazada but that was just once. Ebay on the other hand is reliable and they deliver fast as well, and I never had any negative or bad experience with it so far. I would also like to try QVC but unfortunately, I think they don't cater outside the US.

14. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a number of stores online that seem pretty good, however, I do most of my shopping through Amazon. It seems to work the best for me. I always get gift certificates from there.

15. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    You can try the very popular site Amazon. I understand they sell virtually any product you can get from any market. I haven't gone for items like this and can't authoritatively give you a referral to a site, but you can try Amazon