Using Different Eye Make Up Remover

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Oct 30, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you use an all-in-one cleanser or a special one for your eye make up? For mascara I do use a special one because my lashes are very fine, but I now use an all-in-one or a facial wipe for everything else. Sometimes I need to do it twice, but these days the cleansers are pretty strong, especially cleansing oils. The only ones that don't actually cleanse as the foaming cleansers as they act they soap, they clean, but don't really remove deep make up.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used several different types of makeup removers, but I prefer makeup wipes, which I use both for my face and specifically for my eyes. I don't have the patience to use specific eye makeup removers.
    Lately I've been economizing by buying baby wipes, and they actually do the trick perfectly removing makeup as well! I use the ones for sensitive skin, which are fragance free. They irritate my skin less than a regular makeup wipe does and removes just as well.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Generally both - as although I find a gentle all in one cleanser works just fine for my face - as there isn't really much to remove - as I don't wear much on my face other than a light dusting of powder over my moisturizer - its absolutely useless for removing my eye make-up - which as its waterproof - needs a separate remover that removes waterproof eye make-up with ease - prior to using my all in one cleanser - as not only is it kinder to my eyes as there is no need to rub hard or pull unnecessarily at the skin around my eyes - but it ensures every trace of my eye make-up is removed - which of course avoids the possibility of irritation or infection.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The makeup I use now is pretty easy to clean off actually.. no need for special products and scrubbing. Until now though, I just used my usual, unscented, gentle moisturizer to remove makeup. Cheap and does the job right the first time. Special products are such a money grab. Plus, if something is that hard get off, we probably shouldn't be wearing it lol.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been using more and more make-up recently to cover up some of the facial skin dicoloration that doctors won't help me get to the bottom of, and I have just been using African Black Soap as a make-up remover, as it is natural, and not too harsh on the skin, as long as you moisturize lightly afterwards.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to use separate ones but as money is not exactly flowing at the moment, I just stick to one. I too use makeup that's very easy to remove, so I just use my regular makeup remover, nothing special. I know I shouldn't, but I usually remove my makeup first with a wet wipe, before getting down to the real task. I also don't have to go to town as I use my Clarisonic face brush 2-3 times a week to ensure all the grime isn't burrowing deep in my pores.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never bother with a separate remover, I don't wear much make-up and it all tends to come off when I wash my face as I usually would with a cheapo foaming cleanser. There's little point in paying out for stuff if you don't have to.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to double up and use non-oily eye make up remover as a toner at times. I do think it's one product you can live without, but those with sensitive eyes or fragile skins may benefit more.

When I used to do facials on older women I found using a separate eye make up remover was better for them, because of the lined and fragile skin.

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    You should try using coconut oil as an eye makeup remover. Coconut oil is extremely gentile, it also has a lot of oils to help naturally take the makeup off without damaging or stripping the skin of essential oils.

I swipe a little bit on a q-tip and it works wonders for removing my eyeliner and mascara. The skin under your eyes is one of the gentlest and thinnest so it’s important not to be rough there.

10. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time I use coconut oil because it’s the most effective for me (and it makes my skin feel lovely), but I’ve cut back on that a bit and have been using makeup wipes. My eye makeup started acting up last week (creasing even with a primer) and I’m trying to nail down the cause. I think it may have been the primer in combination with volatile weather, but I won’t be sure until I reintroduce coconut oil into my routine.

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    @KimmyMarkks and LeopardJones....That's a very interesting point about coconut oil you both make! I would never have considered it as makeup remover at all. But since I have a nice jar that I'm slowly going through, I'll be sure to try it. I have started using makeup wipes,before washing my face with a gentle face wash and then toning before I moisturise. But a beautician told me she wouldn't recommend makeup wipes as they're not good for the skin!

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They aren't that good for the skin, but good for camping trips, or if you are on holiday with not much room to carry things. The only other time I use them is a late night when I am too tired to cleanse, or there is no hot water. Using them all the time is expensive as well as not very green, so they are handy, but shouldn't be used regularly.

13. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! Anything like make up wipes or wipes for your eyes stretch the skin. Since your skin around your eyes is some of the most delicate you need an oil based product that doesn't require wiping or a lot of rubbing. All the small thing matter when it comes to protecting the skin.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even though I have been using the African Black Soap, I was using wiped prior to that. My mother purchased them for me, and since I seldom wear makeup, I still have the packages of wipes in my chest of drawers. They are tree tea oil wipes. And they don't have that strong smell or effect that tree tea oil is known for. They are gentle on the skin.

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    I'll have to be extra careful around the eye area, then LOL Because even though I'm aware of beauty wipes not being good, I still insist on using them, just to ensure I've removed all the grime from my face. I always feel like just washing and toning isn't enough. I've run out of brush heads for my Clarisonic Mia, and have no way of replacing them at the moment, so I resort to wiping my makeup off before I wash my face :(

16. Lupa06

Lupa06New Member

Threads:
    I use baby oil to remove any mascara or eye makeup, and a skin-specific face cleanser. Although beauty wipes do stretch the skin, I do resort to them when coming home very late and I don't want to go through my whole facial regime. The face is very delicate and very prone to many outbreaks, therefore, ensuring that the right products are used for the specific areas is important. As a previous esthetician, I always recommended my clients to purchase an eye makeup remover along with an eye cream for after.