Utility in fashion

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Strykstar • Jul 1, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you put any thought of utility when thinking of your fashion?
    For example, I recently buzz cut my hair, not just for the fashion side of it, but also because it makes getting ready in the morning MUCH faster :D

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Yup. For example I love cargo pants. They have a lot of pockets that allow me to carry stuff so I don't need to buy/wear a bag. Jackets I also like with many pockets for the same reason. The downside of my obsession with pockets is that most times I forget where I put what and I'm constantly searching. Keeping my hair shorter keeps my showers shorter. It's faster in the morning, like you say :cool:

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Cargo pants or shorts are a great example of what I mean :)
    I also like wearing them because of the amount of pockets, I'm just sorry that I can't really wear them to work :) I find myself needing to have a messenger/courier bag for work even when I'm carrying something that would easily fit in my cargo shorts' big side pocket.

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I like cargo pants too, mostly for the comfort, not the pockets, but those pockets sure come in handy. I don't like to have to carry a big purse around if I have a short errand to run. I can never find anything in there. Having pockets in my pants makes it so much easier to just grab whatever I need. And boy, can I fit a lot of stuff in there. As for my hair, I like to wear it up,and off my face. A lot cooler in the summer.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I wish fanny packs came back into fashion, that would be a great utility accessory :)
    I remember when I was a kid they would be OK to use even by adults, there were lots of different patterns so it really was a sort of fashion item.

6. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    Practical women's clothing is a myth.

My sister bleeds into her shoes because they were designed "by sadists". Every winter this state gets large amounts of snow and ice. What do the women wear? Fashion jackets, beanies, decorative scarves, and frostbite. I've heard so many complaints about women's winter boots (which have thin soles, with NO TREAD, are NOT Waterproof, and are made of barely insulated faux fur! (When I heard women were removing toes for their shoes, I thought they meant they were going for surgery so