Valentine's Day Gifts

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Zyni • Jan 20, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see a lot of ready-made Valentine's Day gifts like candy bouquets and balloon bouquets and stuff like that, but I find them to be rather expensive for what you actually get. Well, in my experience, they are usually fairly pricey. Maybe you know where to get some better deals.

I usually end up making my own. I used to make them for the kids when they were younger, since it would have cost me a fortune to buy ready-made ones for four kids. Do you make your own or do you buy them? Do you get good deals?

2. laurelbell85

laurelbell85Member

Threads:
    I have always bought my daughter something for Valentine's Day. It may only be because I have one. However, I did see a cute idea on Pinterest that I'm thinking of doing. You cut out hearts and each day of the month of February you tape a heart on your child's door with 1 quality you love about them. Also, there are apps and such (like Mama) where you can get cute things for SUPER cheap. I highly suggest that for DIY projects, check out pinterest. I've gotten some super cute ideas for Father's Day and stuff on there as well.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think that some handmade things can be wonderful if you can buy the things cheaply to put the gifts together. You can spend a lot of money on a gift, and the item that you eventually get is going to be something that isn't personal to the person who you're giving it to. At least if you try to make something for a person, you know that there is not going to be received by anyone else on the special day.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a cute idea. Yes, I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest. I spend too much time there, but it's so fun and interesting.

Yes, I've always liked handmade gifts too. I liked making things up for my girls, because I could choose their favorite candy for each one, instead of random stuff, or their favorite color. I could use stuffed animals that they liked best, such as a puppy for one or a pony for another.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I buy them all the time. If you window shop a bit at Walgreens or Walmart you'll find a lot of inexpensive things for Valentines. You could get just a rose in our favorite color which is so romantic and it's so sweet that and a kiss of course that's great for me!

6. laurelbell85

laurelbell85Member

Threads:

LOL I have a love/hate relationship with it as well. Since getting engaged, I have lived on that site. It's crazy haha! I am actually going to take to Pinterest a little later on today so that my daughter can decide what she wants to make her daddy for Valentine's Day.