Vanilla Coke

Discussion in Product Reviews started by sazzydan • Apr 25, 2015.

1. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    Our local shop has just started selling Vanilla coke, and it is lovely!

I have never tried vanilla coke before this and I have to say I have been missing out for some time! I have tried the cherry version and the new cola life which I did not really think much of, but this is by far the best one.

What do you think of vanilla coke?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I like vanilla coke, and I usually don't like to add flavor to my sodas. A lot of the restaurants and movie theaters around here have started using the fill-it-yourself drink machines that allow you to add a variety of flavors to your soda, so I've been experimenting with different flavors.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Vanilla coke was sold briefly in the UK around 20 years ago and I remember that it was really nice. It can't have made much impact though because it was never put back on sale. I'd love to try it again.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like both the cherry and vanilla cokes. Like @missbishi@missbishi, I haven't seen the vanilla in quite a while, but like @ReadWriteLearnLove@ReadWriteLearnLove, I enjoy mixing it up at the soda fountain, and making my own creations. My favorite is at the Icee machine, and I tend to mix their cola product with strawberry/cherry, whichever berry they have on tap.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would be good if Coca Cola starts selling Vanilla Coke to other countries too. Asian, African and Latin American countries are always the last ones to know of or try new products. I am seriously interested in drinking Vanilla Coke. I've tried Dr. Pepper and it's all right. If Coca Cola could produce a Cherry version then that would be awesome and I'm going to add it to my "Must Drink" list along with Zevia Ginger Ale, real British cider, German craft beer and Fanta (they're no longer selling it in the city).

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They've been selling Vanilla Coke in the US for decades and I've always liked it.
    I also tried Orange Coke on the touchscreen soda machines at Burger King and thought it was pretty good.

7. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it tastes good but the vanilla flavor doesn't really stand out compared to the coke flavor. On the other hand, Cherry Coke's flavor got the amount of flavor that I like. Despite liking vanilla more, I ended up buying Cherry Coke if there was a choice. There are times where the price of Vanilla Coke is about twice the price of regular coke and when it happened, I would not buy it.

8. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    I've never had Vanilla Coke, but based on the reviews here, I think I'll try it when the next opportunity presents itself. I have, on the other hand, tried Cherry Coke and fell hopelessly in love with it! I drank it all the time and never failed to let everyone around me know it was better than "plain" Coke. I had to finally stop drinking it because I was putting on weight. :(

Another poster mentioned Orange Coke - a flavor I've never seen. I used to work at a restaurant that served soda from a fountain. Some customers asked to have us mix sodas for their own particular drink. I remember people mixing orange soda with Coke and Sprite with Coke, but I've never tried it that way.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid drinking caffeinated drinks but I have had Vanilla Coke on occasion when I am being bad. I don't like the taste of regular coke but I like vanilla so that makes it good for me. The cherry coke is okay but nothing to write home about it. I really only get cherry coke at the movies if they have nothing else I like.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've always liked it but unfortunately they have stopped selling it in my area for a long time now. I'm not too worked up about it because I at least get to save some cash and not to mention save myself from an unhealthy habit, but I agree that it is a great flavor and it actually is one of my favorite sodas. I rarely seek out coca cola but when it comes to their vanilla variant it's a different story.

11. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    We've had vanilla coke in my area for as long as i can remember. I like it a lot along with any other soda that adds vanilla to it like the Dr Pepper vanilla cherry although i dont think they sell that kind anymore. But i still see vanilla coke around and drink one from time to time.

12. jfab

jfabNew Member

Threads:
    I didn't like it! It tasted like medicine for me. That and cherry flavored coke. I still choose the regular coke.

13. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I can get Vanilla coke here in Wales, shops have just started selling it again. Maybe they are trialling it in selected regions of the UK as they do with other products to see if there is a market for them. I remember it being widely available about 15 years ago, then it disappeared.

I have tried the Dr Pepper version a long time ago but it tasted like a mixture of bubble gum and cough medicine. The original coca cola has always contained a small amount of vanilla anyway, they just added more to the recipe for the vanilla variation, i actually prefer it to regular coke. Does anyone know if Pepsi have ever produced a vanilla version anywhere?

14. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    You know what's better than vanilla coke? Vanilla dr pepper. I worked at a Sonic Drive In off and on for 10 years. I always had a vanilla dr pepper to drink. At Sonic you add the vanilla extract to the drink yourself... So you have total control over the flavor.

15. anorexorcist

anorexorcistNew Member

Threads:
    Oh my god, I love vanilla coke! I live in Mexico so is not that easy to find it, but about five years ago they used to sell it everywhere, it was like heaven! and I was a big fan of it, I wish they would started to selling it again. It's more common to find cherry coke but it tastes like medicine and I'm not a big fan of it, but I will pray for vanilla coke in Mexico, lucky you!

16. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    It's not about impact but insanity or marketing strategy the soda companies have.

Vanilla coke has been sold many times here, but for briefly time and a several years span before it comes back again, same as the cherry version, or with other type of sodas/brands, as in example the SevenUp Mojito. which was truly tasty.

I love vanilla coke because the taste recalls me a drink my parents liked to have for us in my childhood days called "Black Cows." This was made with regular coke and vanilla ice cream floating in for the children, plus a shot of Kahlua for adults.

I have not seen vanilla coke here for several years now, perhaps this year its making a comeback, particularly because these flavored cokes/sodas are special versions only available on summertime.

17. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I remember drinking it when I was younger. It was really popular when I was in high school, to the point where I knew a guy who liked to claim he was made of 95% Vanilla Coke, haha. I have a hard time drinking anything carbonated these days, but it was quite tasty indeed.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, all these weird and wonderful versions of coke that I've never heard of, let alone seen anywhere! I saw vanilla coke in the UK, but I wasn't pulled in. I asked my husband if he'd ever tasted it and he said it was vile, so I never bothered LOL I'm not that big on fizz, anyway.

19. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yum, that sounds delicious. I'm way overdue for a trip to Sonic. I like the idea of having control over the flavor. I'm the sort who goes crazy and mixes several different flavors together when I'm pouring a drink at a restaurant or convenience store.

Here's a recipe, for those who want to be able to drink Vanilla Coke (or Dr Pepper or other beverage), I might have to try making this myself.

20. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Americans have 10x flavours of EVERYTHING.
    I am lucky I live in a Canadian border town, so I get that advantage of first world amenities like health care and labour laws, but I also get to indulge in their consumer goods.
    Vanilla coke is actually one of my top picks, it was only available here for a bit.
    It's still popular enough some local corner stores will buy it from the states and sell it here.