Vegetarian Dish that most anyone will love

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Oct 13, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Make a delicious salad of fresh vegetables. Chop up onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and any other veggies you have around (carrots, celery, zucchini, etc). Mix them up and top with vinaigrette or your favorite vinegar and oil dressing. Add Parmesan if desired. Chill at least one hour before serving. For a little added kick, add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper. I started doing this when we had a big garden to use up our veggies. My whole family and all our guests love it, plus it's a great option for vegetarian friends.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I make a vegetarian pasta bake and add vegetables people like and a sauce either cream or tomato blended together with bread crumbs and potatoes on top to make it a gratin.

Even though I am a vegetarian I don't like salad, I don't eat tomatoes, zucchini, carrots or celery! When I do eat a salad or bits of it, I have to pick out all those bits, so I prefer to serve things separately so people can choose themselves. It works better for me as then there is less waste.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That makes sense if you don't like it, Theo. This particular "salad" was a surprise to me, because so many people I've made it for, who usually aren't big on vegetables, love it. It's served me well for using up stuff from the garden and getting the kids (and my hubby!) to eat more vegetables. :)

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of vegetarian dishes that would really appeal a lot of people. But usually if you after cooking it yourself, it would really be easy to make an omelette out of vegetables. Also there's a feel of it being meaty. It's not at all that noticeable to that you have put veggies inside. You could try other substitutes if you are a strict vegetarian, you could try tofu or soybean curds, and a whole wheat flour to cover the veggies. You might want to also use an olive oil and fry with the nonstick pan.