Vegetarian Options at Fast Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by scottguy • Jun 4, 2014.

1. scottguy

scottguyNew Member

Threads:
    The other day my family stopped into a McDonald's while on the road and I was disappointed to be able to confirm the rumor I've heard that McDonald's only has one vegetarian option on the menu, which is the (incredibly boring) side salad on the dollar menu. I ordered the salad and dealt with it even though it was pretty much just a container full of lettuce with two really awful cherry tomatoes, but I was wondering if I'm the only one thrown off by how few options most of these places have? Are there any places you can think of off the top of your head as vegetarian friendly?

It's mostly an annoyance, as I actually am not strictly vegetarian-- there are just some days that the prospect of eating meat makes me feel kind of greasy and gross so I try to eat crisp and fresh as often as possible.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Their "chicken" nuggets are practically vegetarian - they're mostly corn and other fillers, lol. In all fairness though, they are a burger joint - it would only make sense that their menu is filled with meat products. It's kind of like going to a BBQ joint and asking for vegetarian options. Plus, if you are in a location where there's a McDonald's, there is likely a Burger King nearby, which does have more vegetarian options. Even if you don't care for their veggie burgers, many vegetarians will order a "veggie whopper" which is basically a Whopper minus the patty - just loaded up with extra veggies, pickles and cheese.