Video editing software?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Lostvalleyguy • Jun 1, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I have a PC and have purchased a new toy for capturing video. I have a very basic piece of software that allows me to cut, add audio etc. but it is limited. I am wondering if anyone knows of some software that would allow a few more options. I would like to be able to add still shots into the corner of a video and text here and there.

Ideally I would like it for free, but I am willing to pay for software if it will do what I need it to do.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm not a huge video editor, but when I was looking for software for it a few years ago, everyone kept recommending Sony Vegas. It's what I ended up getting and using, and I did really like it. I don't know if there's a free option that's better, though.

3. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Well you have Windows Movie Maker right there, but I suggest you download the older version because the new one sucks. You can try Pinnacle but I'm not so sure if its free but my friends use it a lot. But if you want to get deep into video editing I suggest you dabble with the paid once like Premiere Pro or Final Cut.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Windows Movie Maker is usually my go to for editing video, even though it's somewhat limited. I had the VSDC Free Video Editor for a while, but it was a little too confusing for me. It's a very nice program, seeing as it's freeware, but I wasn't going any complicated video editing, so I didn't really need it. VSDC is apparently very similar to Sony Vegas according to some people, just not as many "pretty colors" as Vegas has, haha. So, yeah, if you need something with more oomph to the program, then I suggest VSDC. :)

5. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    Sony Vegas really is a great program. It does cost some money, but it is well worth it. They offer a free trial, so I would definitely check it out at least and see if you like it. Plus, the older versions are cheaper, so you could spring for one of those if you don't want to buy the latest version.

6. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Go to filelab.com it's 100% free and they have software for both video and audio. It's an amazing service.

You can add watermarks to your videos on there. Thats what it is called when you add a still image throughout a video. You can even adjust them to make them slightly see-through if needed.

7. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Adobe premoere pro is most likely the best software for you to go out there and get. I think that you will find it very useful for all kinds of wok from beginner to pro stuff. It is pretty versatile and simple to use and at the same time i like that there is a lot of tutorials out there to get you started in using the software.