Viewsonic Vx2250wm Monitor

Discussion in Product Reviews started by satishstephens • Nov 7, 2012.

1. satishstephens

satishstephensNew Member

Threads:
    The Viewsonic Vx2250wm 22 inch was my very first flat panel monitor that I used with my desktop. Yes you can say that I was a rare bloomer in that category, but I never did have any problem with my old CRT and never had to change it.
    It was my first bad choice in relation to TFT monitors as I got it changed within the first six months of usage.
    At first the monitor worked pretty fine. For the first month, it gave very clear and crisp pictures with perfect onboard settings. When I had started to enjoy my TFT monitor experience, a plethora of problems started.
    From the seventh week of usage the monitor started emitting too much heat. I realized this one day when I was reaching behind the monitor to adjust the sound on my speakers. It was as if the back of my monitor was harboring a convection oven. I was much tensed at this happening. I instantly called the technician from Viewsonic and they asked me to increase airplay behind the monitor. I did. It somehow decreased the heat but it was always somewhat there.
    One day after a system reboot when I shifted from Windows 7 Professional to Ultimate, the monitor lost all of its internal settings. The contrast, brightness, gamma had gone insane with weird settings set as default. I somehow managed to bring them down to normal levels, but it never looked like before.
    I would like to list a drawback here that was there from the beginning. The Viewsonic had a very bad viewing angle. Even if I moved a bit to the right or left while watching a movie, the contrast used to change drastically and it was impossible to see anything on the screen. I was saddened by this as once, at a friend’s place, I was viewing the Samsung screen from way to the right. But with that screen this problem had never arisen.
    It was really wonderful to watch HD movies with the DVI cable. Viewing How to train your dragon was totally different than on my TV. I was really happy with the cable as at $151 most monitors leave it out.
    While I was trying to adjust the brightness and gamma settings on my monitor I found that the buttons on it were very wobbly. It seemed as if the slightest pressure would rip them loose from the sockets. I did not like this cheap feeling at all.
    I am a fan of old movies and I loved the monitor for giving me a perfect image adjustment. I was watching E.T on it once and unlike in my CRT where the image got stretched out because of the 4:3 aspect ratio, my Viewsonic monitor placed the movie frame in the middle with black sidebars. I was really happy with this feature as now I was able to view all my old classics with the exact ratio reproduction.
    The worst thing about the monitor was probably the fact that it started giving me dead pixels from the third month. I was playing Bioshock on it for about 2 hours continuously on a free Sunday. Suddenly I saw the boundaries of the characters on screen dissolving. In no time I realized that the whole frame was going blurry. I instantly ended the game and saw that everything else was fine.
    From then on I could never game for more than one and a half hours without the problem cropping up again. This was a total waste of my high-end graphic card and I was totally crestfallen.
    All this led me later to get myself a new LCD monitor from Samsung. This product did not work out for me at all and I regret the day I bought it. You can easily get better 22 inch monitors from other makers at the same price.

2. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    What was the resolution of the Vx2250vm? Also what inputs did it have, like HDMI, VGA, DVI, etc.?