Vitamin E

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by chiofthenorns • Sep 8, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Is drinking Vitamin E supplements really necessary? I have acne, and my friends always tell me to drink Vitamin E to make my acne more manageable. However, when I read literature online, many people say that drinking Vit. E supplement is not really important. Do you take Vitamin E supplements? Are they effective?

2. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    It's better to actually put vitamin E directly on your face rather than drink it. In addition, it's actually good to just eat and and apply it. nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds. I use bar soap that has vitamin E and combine that with drinking tons of water. This will clear your skin up very well. Drinking things like too much pop is also bad. The things we drink comes out of the pores so watch out for high sugary drinks.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't take vitamin E internally. I only ever apply it to my skin, directly from the capsules. If you want to get rid of your acne, you might want to try some blood cleansing herbs, such as red clover or nettle. Or, you might like to try a combination of herbs in tablet form. A really good idea might be to ask for some advice at your local health food store. :)

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you want to get rid of your acne, I suggest that you just buy Panoxyl Acnegel, I can really vouch that it's effective and it dries up your acne or pimple overnight. It's that strong! It's not expensive too and you can buy it over the counter.

5. bellagreen007

bellagreen007New Member

Threads:
    Vitamin E is good for the skin but I didn't drink Vitamin E instead I am using product with Vitamin E for my skin. I used coconut oil as a skin moisturizer it repairs my skin and leave it smooth, soft and hydrated. Coconut oil is good for the skin and has many benefits; it can be used in many ways.

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    From where I came from, vitamin C is an all-time favorite and more preferred in keeping skin healthy. And Vitamin E is more of an anti-aging supplement. Though both vitamins are well-known for their anti-oxidant properties, Vitamin C has more health benefits than Vitamin E. Also, unlike Vitamin E there's no risk in taking too much vitamin C.

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't take Vitamin E internally (only thru body lotions/creams) but I do take Vitamin C regularly. :D

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never thought about eating vitamin E supplements. I do understand that vitamin E is necessary for the body, however, I have never heard about anyone who use vitamin E to reduce pimples. It is just a belief that vitamin E helps to reduce pimples, but in reality this doesn't happen. If you think you are vitamin E deficiency, then it is better to obtain it from the fruits and vegetables that you usually eat. I do not think it is healthy to take vitamin E supplements on a regular basis.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Vitamin C is what you need to be drinking as it is this vitamin that repair the cells, thus heals the body by boosting the immune system. Vitamin E cream is a generally moisturizing and softening vitamin used in anti- aging creams for cell renewal. Your money is better spent on Vitamin C tablets or a cream unless you have a high intake of Vitamin C each day already.