Vitamins.

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Devin • Aug 29, 2012.

1. Devin

DevinNew Member

Threads:
    Well milk is a best food which contain almost vitamins, and mineral. Fresh green vegetables, and fruits also provide vitamins. Vegetarian choose this two option for getting all vitamins and non-vegetarian people, can get it from fresh fish, meat and above two option. Eggs are also best option for health. Vitamins are also can be taken in form of tablet but it is not the right way.

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips. I tried being vegetarian but it is just not for me. I am a full on carnivore or at least, omnivore (whatever that really means). I just cannot and do not want to be a vegetarian...and as far as vegan goes: no way! I do take lithium everyday though and I feel it is a great vitamin and the seroquel...that one is a killer!

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Lithium and seroquel are not vitamins. Lithium is a mineral and seroquel is an antipsychotic medication.

4. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    Nice and very informative healthy post. Thanks for sharing

5. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the list of foods, that contain things that are good for the body. Most of us do not eat a balanced diet, and so need the supplements to assist us, with good health.

6. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I also tried to be a vegetarian, but it didn't worked. Now I simply try to eat as much vegetables and fruits as I can along with meat. I recommend you take the vitamins the natural way, but once in a while is not a bad idea to take supplements. And also I recommend you should have at least 1 day a week when you eat fresh fish for dinner; it's not very expensive and it contains a lot of essential nutriments.

7. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I not only take One-A-Day Multi Vitamins, but I also take Vitamin B Complex. As we get older we lose steam. Taking extra vitamin b helps.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I tried to be vegetarian too, but I couldn't do it because I need a high protein diet and I didn't want to get all of my protein from soy. Too much soy is bad for your hormones because it increases your estrogen. Tofu is soy! So watch out ladies and gents.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I take Centrium Women's Ultra Vitamins. They give me an extra boost of energy.

I tried to go the vegan route a couple of months ago. I am lactose intolerant so I don't eat most dairy anyway. I wasn't prepared and it didn't last long. Then I watched a movie about the benefits of a plant-based diet and decided to try again.

I have been on a vegetarian diet for about 2 1/2 weeks and I feel much better than last time. The only dairy that I eat is yogurt in the morning because it has a lot of protein. I have been eating mostly beans, lentils and quinoa all of which has lots of protein. I feel so much better and I haven't missed meat at all. Once I find a non soy version of yogurt, I'm will be vegan.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Interestingly enough, my yoga instructor told me the other day that he used to be a vegan before he started practicing bikram, but once he did start, he began losing weight incredibly quickly, which was not what he wanted to do. His doctor told him he either needed to give up bikram or give up being a vegan.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I need to go find a bikram yoga class. I need to drop some weight! I'm serious.

12. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this information with us. You seem pretty knowledgeable. I wish you well!

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I take vitamin supplements daily now. Since I have to take medication for anxiety, that sometimes makes me very sleepy and most of the times I'm too hyper or bothered to sleep - weird, I know. The supplements help me stay active during the day and also sleep during the night - bless them!

14. Olin

OlinNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Devin,
    Vitamins plays vital role in improving our health so we must take essential vitamins through daily meals to improve and maintain our health. Vitamins are good for eyes, infections, skin and eyes disorder. Vitamins are effective in curing heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, common cold, flu and infection. Vitamins boost metabolism, develops brain and great for nervous system.