Volkswagen

Discussion in Product Reviews started by gmckee1985 • Oct 17, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    What does everyone think of Volkswagen vehicles? I've had a 2010 CC for a couple of years and couldn't be happier with it. It's never given many any type of mechanical trouble, it drives really well and gets good gas mileage (about 30 mpg) on the highway. What is everyone else's experience and thoughts with the Volkswagen brand?

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a Volkswagen, but my parents used to own a Volkwagen Van back in the late 1970s and early 1980s - I have seen a few pictures of it, because my parents sold it off before I was born. My older brother has a Volkswagen Jetta, 1990s models, and it's pretty much a good A to B car. The only downside for this car is the very stupid engineering the Germans decided to do with the rotor disc for the Jetta model my brother has, because instead of having it welded on, it's bolt on lugs you have align to screw in. So in order for my brother and I to change tires or place it back, we have to place a tire exactly with the rotor disc holes while holding up the tire, and then bolt in each lug in and hope they're all screwed in correctly. It's one of those engineering feats, that the Germans were moronic about, and decided to be unconventional with the intent to design a car convenient for mechanics, but not for layman consumers.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Volkswagen vehicles are known for being decently reliable, getting good gas mileage, and having some advanced features compared to the competition. However, repair costs tend to be a little higher than many other automakers, so that's important to keep in mind. I would love to own a diesel Jetta if I had the money for it. It's a good brand that might be great, but I don't own one myself.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, repairs to tend to be expensive for Volkswagen models. But that goes for all foreign made vehicles. I have a warantee on my VW that covers most mechanical failures up to 100,000 miles, which I'm pretty far off from. I'd definitely recommend everyone at least test drive a VW. Highly underrated brand.