Waffle House or IHOP

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Danna Brown • Oct 22, 2013.

1. Danna Brown

Danna BrownNew Member

Threads:
    Well, the Waffle House is great. It offers that classical friendly atmosphere while IHOP offers an upbeat fruitalishous family fun time. Both places are great, both have great food, but which do you prefer?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I've only ever been to IHOP, and I loved it! The atmosphere was great, I went with friends and had a really nice time there. So I guess I would chose IHOP!

3. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    I would prefer Waffle House for me personally. It has a greasy spoon feel, without being a greasy spoon. I have a kid though, so IHOP is better for that. It's more directed at children/family style dining. IHOP would be the place I would frequent, but I like the food of Waffle House better, if that makes sense.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer Ihop by far...I've only been to wafflehouse once but I wasn't impressed with the food or the service (not that I was expecting a ton). I'm never disappointed at Ihop though :).

5. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I too prefer IHop. I will never forget my first time at IHOP, after tasting the food I was sold. IHOP has such great tasting food. It is honestly the best place you can visit for breakfast. Don't get me wrong, Waffle House has great tasting food as well. Although both places are very similar in taste I will have to choose IHOP in this debate.

6. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I think both IHOP and Waffle House have their strengths and you hinted at them. IHOP would be my choice if I wanted a sweet decadent breakfast of pancakes with toppings or french toast or waffles. Now for a hearty savory breakfast I would think of Waffle House, more of a traditional stick to your ribs breakfast diner. Add the grits at WH and hands down if I want more of a "food breakfast" it would be Waffle House. If more of a "fluff breakfast" then I would go IHOP.

7. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I don't think anyone can beat IHOP's pancakes! I was sold on them the first time I tried them, and haven't had a pancake that tastes as good since. Waffle House is good, too, but since I'm not a real breakfast food kind of person, I'd have to say IHOP. It's more like dessert to me.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer IHOP. I have been eating there since I was a kid. Can't be nostalgia. Plus chocolate chip pancakes! There are no Waffle House restaurants in California, but I did eat at one when I visited relatives in the South (USA). The food was okay. Even if there was a Waffle House in my area, I would still choose IHOP over them.

9. ISUTracyG

ISUTracyGNew Member

Threads:
    I don't know about the Waffle Houses everywhere else, but here in Oklahoma they are only good if you are drunk and want a late night eat. Although the same could be said for IHOP, I find their food to be way better overall, and the restaurant a lot cleaner.

10. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    IHOP is a great place for a family to eat or a set of drunks after a night of debauchery. I also love their eclectic selection of syrups because I despise maple. I don't feel like I have ever been to a Waffle House.

Honestly, my real preference is a ma and pop breakfast spot that. Especially the ones open 24 hours. For some reason those have the most intriguing nuances. They have interesting changes in their menu. There are usually too many quirks to mention. The atmosphere is usually friendly and you are helping a small business. All pluses in my opinion.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't see the difference between the two I think they are both pretty much the same so I don't have a favorite.

12. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    For me I'd pick IHOP over Waffle House. IHOP has more fruit choices, albeit they aren't healthy options, but I love a spalsh of sweet fruit with my pancakes. Waffle House is greasier and I'm not a huge fan of their version of hash browns.