Wagon Train jerky treats for Dogs has been discontinued

Discussion in Pets started by Gussie • Apr 21, 2013.

1. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    If you noticed that the Wagon Train jerky treats for dogs have disappeared - Purina brands has pulled them from the market and simply stated they don't know if they will be brought back.

These were made in China (like a lot of animal based pet treats)... and while they don't say why they stopped making them, it's a fair bet that they were having quality control issues with them. Likely they won't be available any more.

2. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    This really is scary if it is in fact a quality control issue. Because if those treats were actually bad enough for them to pull them off the market they must have been poisonous. The reason I say that is, have you ever looked at the low standard for animal foods? Everything and anything goes into the animals food products. Things that not even an animal should be consuming. Especially a loved member of the family, such as some pets are. I am hoping this is just a case of non-profit. Maybe they were not selling very well.

But either way I hope that some information on this subject comes to light. Even though this is a dog treat. People really love their pets and they deserve to be treated with dignity too. This is how I feel about our pets anyway.

3. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Thank goodness they have pulled those treats off the shelves! I have heard so many stories about dogs getting sick from eating that brand of treats. I saw them on the shelf at a local super market and was disgusted that they were still out despite the reports of them hurting pets! So glad to hear they're pulling them...but I didn't realize Purina was the one behind it - or the parent company :( I love Purina and trust them! Were they directly involved with the manufacturing of the Wagon Train treats??