Walking, just walking

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Sep 17, 2014.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy walking, where I live the bus runs once an hour which is not always convenient for when I want to leave to get where I want to go, if it is with walking distance I will walk. I try to walk at least 3 miles a day to help keep the weight down. It is also a great time to solve problems and just be with myself.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I make an effort to walk. I recently had a Fitbit, but I lost it. However, we had a steps competition at my job and I was killing them. It was paying off greatly and it easily translate to moving into other aspects of fitness. It's a great starting point and definitely something to keep doing for maintenance.

3. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I like walking as well. It's hard to do where I live though. I live in a rural area and I don't know how many people I've encountered that have pulled over to ask me if I needed a ride or something. I suppose it's just the area I live in. If I'm running no one bothers to stop, it I take a break and walk then everyone does.

I try to walk on the treadmill at my house. I can put it on an incline and just walk as I read. It's relaxing and makes me feel healthier. I think it also gives my muscles a good break from running. I try to stay active but sometimes I can do too much.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never walked on a treadmill, it's something that really doesn't make sense to me because I love to go outside. Once I even bought clothes to be walking in the rain, even with heavy rain, it's an awesome experience believe me.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I walk quite a bit every day as well, not really for health reasons, but it wouldn't make sense for me to take the bus for a walk to work that I do in about 5-10 minutes.
    It allows me to get some fresh air, but it's a bit annoying when it's raining heavily though...

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For the most people it's impossible to walk in the rain. Funny that not for the serious runner, they can run in any conditions because they have clothes prepared for everything and the movement of the body keeps us warm, it's a whole different thing walking or running.