Wall art for kids?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Jul 11, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Art on the wall can make a room look good. One way to brighten up kids rooms is to paint something they love on their walls. This would not only pique their interest in art but it could also save the parent a lot of money buying toys because the kid will always be busy trying to create something [a drawing, painting, etc.].

It's mere speculation though. If you have art on your walls, would you say that kids got more interested in them and tried to make some art of their own?

2. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    That's funny you mention that. I was just looking on the wall where the kids had their artwork. They both got a canvass and glued crayons to it. Then they put a blow dryer to the crayons and they melted down the canvas. Pretty cool in my opinion. Also there's tons of make shift paintings hanging everywhere.

God bless, LIONZFIRE

3. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I did this when my youngest was born. We let all our friends and family paint something for her on her new bedroom wall! I painted a rocking horse right over her crib, by looking at a rocking horse that I still have to this day!

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. I know this from experience because I am a former teacher. When I first started teaching, I always had paintings and different art sculptures around the classroom. Usually, I would change it up if we were doing a certain theme for the semester. These were elementary kids in the 1st grade and I remember the art immediately had their attention. Later on during free time, I would set up small and simple art projects for them to do and they always loved it!

5. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I really like this, we use to do paintings and hang them on the wall. Or we would craft little wooden signs and occasionally make clay pottery that we could hang up like a wall pocket. I think this would be great for children. So many kids are so focused in on electronics that they miss out on great things like this. Not to mention it could help pique there imaginative side again.