Walmart Closings

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Faye1232212 • Apr 19, 2016.

1. Faye1232212

Faye1232212New Member

Threads:
    Hey everyone. I am wondering if any other cities have mass amounts of Walmart closing down. I live in the innercity and about 3 of our Walmarts were closed down at the same exact time. Because there aren't many places to get affordable things here we rely on Walmart. The only remaining Walmart never has any items, they are always overcrowded and out of stock. Has anyone else experienced this in their city?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not heard about any Walmart closings in my area. I have had other grocery stores close in the past few years for lack of profits. I do not watch the news, but I am sure that I would have heard about this. Maybe there were just too many in your area or something to cause them to close.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have 3 Walmarts on Oahu in Hawaii and they are all open. It's so sad that Walmart is closing in your town. We sometimes have empty shelves too. One of my favorite butter crackers shot up in price .80 in a month! But I like Walmart and shop at Walmart all the time for their prices are very economical. Hope Walmart stay open locally and everywhere else.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know there are some planed to close but so far I have not seen them close, we have some under construction.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess Walmart is trying to weigh the pros and cons of keeping a store open. If there are fewer consumers in your area compared to other Walmart locations, then the management would feel like they're on the losing end. Anyhow, while there are store branches closing, on one hand, new stores have opened up elsewhere.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I heard about those Walmart closings. However, I think some of the areas where the stores are scheduled to close really need the store, and some of the food and jobs they provided too. Walmart is a big business, and it going to do whatever they need to do to stay profitable. It is sad, when you think they probably forced some mom and pop stores out of business though, and then pulled out themselves.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My local Walmart is always packed full of shoppers, except at 6AM when they open. The only section where the shelves are empty is the small kitchen appliances. For example, they barely have any coffee makers right now.
    The store is so popular and important to the neighborhood that rather than closing, they are actually making improvements to the store, such as adding more shelves of merchandise.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recall a while back reading about how Walmart was planning to open quite a few Neighborhood Markets in densely populated areas. The goal was to capture the student and empty nesters who had moved out of the suburbs and back into the cities, because they apparently (both groups) have deeper pockets and don't mind paying for convenience. At the time, I thought it was a mistake, but it seemed they plowed ahead and opened quite a few. Perhaps those shops just haven't worked out. I lived up in Houston a while ago, and that was the first time I'd encountered Walmart Neighborhood Markets, which are smaller stores with a limited grocery section and some other items. I didn't care much for them, but they did have some good prices.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    None of the Wal-Marts around where I live have shut down. I've seen a couple that have lessened the number of hours they are open. Usually Wal-Mart Supercenters are open 24 hours a day, but these now close down at midnight, I believe. Not only have no Wal-Marts in my area shut down, there have actually been a lot of the Wal-Mart grocery stores opening up. They are pretty convenient and cheap so I expect to see more and more of them popping up.

10. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    we have a group that has been taken over by wallmart and I have to say that the service went down and the prices went up which is why we are not happy about the wallmart takeover but I think if they are doing well it is very surprising, not so much to see them close