Walmart gives money for used video games

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Melissast • Sep 8, 2014.

1. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    In the same theme as Game Stop Walmart is giving a bit of money on a shopping card if you turn in a used video game. The pay back is not as much as the game was worth, and it has to be in good condition in its original case and on a list of games that they are currently taking which is usually just the new or almost new releases. If you wanted to buy a game there, play it and return it then it might be worth checking into. It seems to me just a way to get stock on some of the games that everyone is buying.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Really?

I wonder why Walmart is even bothering with this. It's not like it's going to make them any money and it seems like a hassle.

I guess it's a decent way to make a little bit back if you often buy games from WalMart, though.

3. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I've never heard of that. Sure, I've seen the same promotion at Gamestop and other stores of the like, but Wal-Mart? It's definitely worth looking into. Video games are so expensive. Buying three for a certain system is typically the cost for the console itself! It's crazy. I wonder what the sell-back ratio is compared to the original price....

4. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have seen this advertised in Walmart but I have not tried it yet. I prefer going to game stop because they give you more and is not limited to the type of game. I think that Walmart is doing this to bring in more customers because they know that a lot of people buy games.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually just got to of those used games in question. They were in really good condition. Shrink wrapped, the cover and box intact, it had the manual, and the disk wasn't scratched. I also got it for cheap. I definitely can't complain.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I'll never return my used games to stores for a refund. The prices are just too low for what you're giving them. It's probably not too bad if you're returning a recently released game, but I can't think of many reasons why you'd want to return a game you just bought? I guess if you didn't like it, but then you're paying a lot of money for only having a game for a couple weeks.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't do that either. Still, to buy the used games, I'm impressed. The games are well intact. Walmart did a good job with the used games.