Walmart Lay Away

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Pat • Aug 19, 2014.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was in Walmart Sunday and saw the post that that they will be doing the layaway program again this year starting Sept 12.

Using layaway to purchase gifts for Christmas is a great way to budget by spreading out the payments of the things you want to give as gifts.

I am sure there are some restrictions on what can be put in layaway. Payments on your purchases are required every 2 weeks, you will also have to put a deposit down on your purchase.

I would like to get my self a "40" TV.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's cool. I might use Walmart layaway to spread out the cost of buying my daughter a game console for Christmas. I think she'd rather have one really nice gift than a bunch of small, junky gifts.
    It'll probably be a PS4 because I'm still holding a grudge against Microsoft for all the stupid stuff they tried to pull, like blocking used games and requiring a constant internet connection so the console could check on you and your habits. Even though they fired a guy and changed their whole strategy, I'll never forget how Sony humiliated them at E3 2013.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually never used layaway but it really is a good idea for Christmas gifts and for birthday gifts as well. Come to think of it, I need a laptop and I could see if I could buy a laptop on layaway. I wonder why they went away with it in the first place? I would think that would be something popular they would want to keep.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My mom used to use layaway all the time when I was a little girl. We used to go to K-Mart. I think layaway is a great idea because you don't go into debt over your item. Some stores are offering it for jewelry as well. There is no online layaway option. There is no opening fee. Down payment is 10.00 or 10% which ever is greater. Individual items must be 15.00 or greater and total purchase must be greater than 50.00. Final payment and pick-up must be made at the store the layaway was initiated before or on Dec 13 or the layaway will be cancelled! The product will be put back on the shelf, your money will be returned lest a 10.00 fee. To pick up your item, go to the service desk. But you can make payments at any register. The only day that it will be unavailable is on 'black' Friday Nov. 29th 2014. Happy shopping the smart way everyone!

5. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    During Christmas time I always use Walmart Lay Way. I find it more covenant for me when I am on a budget. It also saves a lot of time while shopping.