Walmart or Meijer?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ProverbsWife • Oct 2, 2012.

?

Do You Prefer Walmart Or Meijer

1. Walmart

66.7%
  2. Meijer

33.3%
  1. ProverbsWife

ProverbsWifeNew Member

Threads:
    We have a Walmart and a Meijer in my town. Both withing walking distance, both comparable prices.
    Yet I nearly always choose Meijer. It's like even the layout of Meijer is better, the lighting, the people,
    it's strange but I don't like Walmart. Just wondering if anyone else feels that Walmart doesn't
    have a good shopping ambiance.

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have Meijer near where I live, but I shop at them while visiting family. I agree with everything you said. I actually thought the sale prices were a bit better when I was there, but I only have a few visits to draw a comparison on. I've also found great deals on clothes in the clearance. I wish my town would get one.

3. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    We also don't have a Meijer. But we've got a 24 hour WalMart super center... I avoid it when I can.

I've heard that Meijer is more socially responsible than Walmart. Does anyone know if this is true? As in they treat their employees better, source their materials locally when possible, etc.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't have Meijer in my area. I like my local Walmart and I'm treated nicely there because my daughter's teacher works there, because teachers don't get paid as much as they deserve to be paid.

Anyway, at this time in my life when I'm on a budget and saving money for a goal, Walmart and the Dollar Tree that I started going to a month ago are my favorite stores right now. I'm not being picky at this point in time, I just go where the deals are.

5. Shamarv8

Shamarv8Member

Threads:
    As much as I hate to say it I would choose Meijers over Walmart. As a former employee, I now the care they put into their products. They also have a farm and they grow their own produce. But, as a former employee I also have to say that they don't treat their employee's very well unless you plan on working their for a very long time. As a part student I did not enjoy my experience there at all.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Meijer. I looked them up and they look great. So for now, I would choose Walmart even though they aren't my favorite store.

7. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm team Walmart. The Walmart in my town is much nicer than the Meijer. The Meijer tends to draw the... uh... interesting people.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My local Walmart draws the interesting people ,but my daughter and I find it entertaining. Sometimes I see people that remind me of the circus of weirdness on Peopleofwalmart.com.

9. benn08

benn08Member

Threads:
    No offence to Walmart lovers, but I sincerely with all my heart dislike them. I was there at Walmart last week just to pick up some Shake N Bake, please note that I don't shop at Walmart on a regular basis, just there to pick up some Shake N Bake. I had to speak to 3 employees until I got one that actually knew where the product was, and even that took forever. And on top of that, the people at Walmart kind of scare me, I know you're probably going to point out that I'm not shopping at a high quality place, but the people that shop there seem all so shacked up and like half dead. That really turns me off when choosing to shop there, while I was there I saw a wide variety of stuff, but the environment just doesn't appeal to me. I'm not exactly sure what Meijer is, maybe we don't have that up here in Canada, but thats just my 2 cents about Walmart...

10. BeccaShopper

BeccaShopperNew Member

Threads:
    I don't particularly like WalMart, but we do not have a Meijer close to me. I will shop at WalMart if I need to pick up something quick and don't want to pay a lot. Their prices really are great most of the time, although I'm not sure I'd say the same for the quality. It does depend on what you're shopping for though.