Walmart Savings Catcher App Does The Program Still Work?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Ke Gordon • Jan 7, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have the Walmart app on my phone..which I don't know if it is savings catcher, but I found the program online..some people have supposedly gotten a lot of money back with this program..but roomie told me awhile back he heard it didn't work. I have one store I can shop at in town...that frequently has prices lower than Walmart. Have you used the savings catcher program, and if so, have you made money on it recently?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I use the Savings Catcher all the time. Right now I have about $25 accrued that I can redeem for a gift card. It's so easy to use, I love it.

3. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! The Walmart Savings Catcher App is awesome! Just go to the app store (Google, iTunes or Windows) and search for Walmart Savings Catcher, it's free! Every single time you go shopping just scan your receipt, it takes a day or so to get your refund, but it checks all local sales ads and gives you the difference back. It's usually only a few cents on a few items... sometimes more. Then puts it on a digital gift card which you can use online or in store. All you have to do is pull up the email on your phone and have the cashier scan the barcode on your phone screen.

I love it! Those cents add up fast, especially if you shop at Wal-Mart a lot.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have the Walmart Savings Catcher app and I just used it last week. It is working for me. I do not use it that often as I do not shop at Walmart that much, but I figured it was worth it to try to get money back when I do go there. Every little bit helps nowadays.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Savings Catcher still works and it does add up. Since using Savings Catcher, I've earned a total of $45.
    There are a couple of my small kitchen appliances that were completely paid for with my Savings Catcher gift card balance.
    I think it was my electric griddle and my coffee maker. I sometimes find receipts sitting in the Walmart parking lot and while I'm cleaning up that litter, I type in those receipts too.

6. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I use it 'the hard way' (rather than 'scanning it with a phone in the store,' I enter my receipt's TC# & the date at

and the program puts any 'savings' there are into my AMERICAN EXPRESS BlueBird account.)

See, (in case you don't know) the Savings Catcher is a program where Walmart looks at the items you bought and matches them with advertised prices in local advertisements. Then--rather than having to return the higher-priced item to them and then going and buying the exact-same item somewhere else at a lower price--you just take the extra money back!

Maybe your friend doesn't have an account to send the money to---I think they can keep a record of how much Savings Catcher savings you get, and put it on a Gift Card when you save enough!

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess the thing I am wondering about is how far around do they check stores for prices? I know of one store that has better prices than Walmart on most items, but it is 20 miles away. I am not sure that it would work for a store that much of a distance away. I tried to find out from Walmart, about the distance of the stores they check but of course, I got no info.