Walmart Savings Catcher

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Lady350 • Aug 20, 2014.

1. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I get cash back every time I go to Walmart. It definitely keeps me coming back. Last week I got cash back on an item the Aldi's sells. Aldi's is the cheapest store ever, so for me to get an item from Walmart and they give me the difference back based off that store's prices, I am a happy camper!!

2. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    That is great. I keep saying I'm going to use this and then I never do. I might have to start if it really works. There are a lot of stores around where I live that might have cheaper stuff but I don't really have the time to compare every one like I should. I don't have a smart phone though I wonder if you have to have one, or you can go online and do it.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could have gone online to the Walmart website and looked this up instead of wondering and waiting, but I'll tell you anyway since I use Savings Catcher regularly.
    You do not need a smartphone. You just need a Walmart.com account and an internet connection and then you type in your receipt number and you're all set.
    I've earned $11 cash back in one month and all I did was remember to log on with my desktop computer and type in my receipt numbers after each shopping trip.

4. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    There are some things about it that bother me. `1. Some of my receipts are "not eligible." I have no idea why this is and can't find out - does anyone know? 2. Walmart doesn't price match on things like buy1get1 because they consider them "gimmicks" so I can still get better deals at other stores sometimes. 3. A lot of the times it says the items are "not recognized". When I put in a receipt for $120 worth of Cat Chow and Tidy Cats and it "doesn't recognize" any of it I call foul. But I do still put the receipts in when I go to Walmart. I have a friend who goes to Walmart a lot more than I do who doesn't want people knowing what she buys so I put in her receipts as well. I still only have a few dollars but I don't buy that much at Walmart so...

5. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    If you don't have time to specifically compare the prices of similar products and get the cash back, I think you guys should use Siri, a virtual assistant available for iPhone. It will find the cashback offers near your area and also the best discount deals you can find in town.

6. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    That is really great news. That would keep me coming back too if I got cash back. I need to look into this since I shop there all of the time. I would love to get cash back every time I spend money there. My father goes to Aldi's all of the time and he said that the prices are pretty good there. He doesn't want to go to other grocery stores anymore because he said it's cheaper at Aldi's.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It helps you get some money back, but it's a gimmick itself. Walmart is struggling right now and not seeing the kind of growth that it wanted. You can see all of this in the stock price. It's been stagnant for months now, and Walmart is looking for ways to draw customers back into stores. Savings Catcher and other programs are designed to get you back in stores. Since it does benefit many shoppers, there's no problem with that.

8. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy the savings catcher app. At first I didn't care for it. But because I shop at walmart all the time anyway I thought why not give it a try. So I did and I cant say that I was disappointed. I am always receiving cash back. I love it and if you get the money transferred on a bluebird card they match your savings dollar for dollar its a win win situation. who does not like getting money back? I know I love the savings catcher and the money I get.

9. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    My family just started using this a few weeks ago. I'm still on the fence about it. It has a good concept but it's free money so I can't complain. It's easy to use and anyone can do it. All you need to do is enter the receipt into the system and it does the rest of the work. I haven't gotten much back yet but that doesn't really bother me. It's a few dollars I wouldn't have had otherwise.

10. McsSlep

McsSlepNew Member

Threads:
    I didn't realize this worked out so well for people. I am going to try it out for sure now. My mom said something to me about it but I wasn't sure how much you could actually save from it. Does anyone know how long this will last?

11. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I just downloaded this app last week, and I scanned my first receipt over the weekend. I didn't get any cash back, but I am not discouraged, especially after reading the success people are having with it on this thread. I didn't know that if you deposit your savings into a Bluebird account, they match it. I have a Bluebird account. That's even more incentive for me to keep trying.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's great. I've only just recently started hearing about this but I've heard all good things so far and it certainly sounds worthwhile....particularly happy to hear that it's not a smartphone app, as a lot of things are out of the realm of possibility right now for me because they're smart phone only. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look more into it :).

13. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    This was a great innovation by Wal-Mart. This is a really smart idea from them, which they haven't had a lot recently. Customers use their smart phones a lot and are always looking to save money, more so in a down economy like this one. I think this will work out well for the company and customers alike.

14. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I was able to get back $23.xx and when you redeem your money with the Walmart BlueBird card, they will double the money, so I cam out with $47 to spend in Walmart. This deal last thu Feb 2015, so keep that in mind. One of the brands I got money back was compared to Aldi Grocery store. This surprised me because Aldi is always cheaper that the rest, but this particular brand Aldi sells also and was cheaper than Walmart and I got the price difference back. I love this program.

15. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I shop at Aldi also, but when I saw that Aldi also carried the same brand that I purchased from Walmart, and I got the difference back, I was surprised. It is all about brand names such as Land o Lakes, Keebler, and Kraft. The major brand name items are the ones that are sold at other stores, but if you were to shop at Cub for instance, Cub has their own brand and is not sold in other stores, so this brand would not be at Walmart and there is no price comparison. So, keep in mind that if you buy a major brand named item from Walmart, that is the item that could potentially get cash back if it is on sale somewhere else.

16. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend uses this app a lot. She seems to save quite a bit of money doing it. I have yet to do so. I'm not really a big fan of Wal-Mart. Don't like the feel of their stores. But this is something that could entice me to go back there once again. I usually go to the local grocery store or Target. How much money would you say you have saved Lady350? Over the course of using this app? Enough to make it worthwhile?

17. CheapCajun

CheapCajunNew Member

Threads:
    I downloaded this app months ago along with my coworkers.
    One of my coworkers has almost $50.00 in her account, and the other has around $30.00.
    I however have a whopping $6.69!
    I think this is because I usually buy the Great Value brand of things and that is not offered anywhere.
    My co-workers laugh at me, but I tell them that I am getting the best deals if I am not getting much back!

18. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    You don't USE any extra time (unless Walmart is further-away than the better deal); you go to

, sign in (if you already have a "Bluebird"-account), and enter information from your receipt. Then THEY check the local prices & add any possible savings (which they 'cheated you out of' at first) to your Bluebird-account ... the OP should've explained this, no?

And the receipt I got today tells me they'll add DOUBLE the Reward Dollars they find from now until 2/20/16 (at the Walmart nearest ME, at least)

19. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    ... oop, spoke too soon. 'Bluebird' is almost a totally-seperate thing from 'Savings Catcher' (except that your 'Bluebird'-account is where Walmart puts-the 'caught savings' & -any other money you want on your Bluebird-account)---

"Bluebird" is an American Express debit-account! "Benefits of banking without all the fees"! The only fee I see that they charge is the ATM-fee if you use an ATM other than "MoneyPass."