Walmart Sucks, but not for the reasons most people give

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by AlexMcLeod01 • Dec 12, 2012.

1. AlexMcLeod01

AlexMcLeod01New Member

Threads:
    I absolutely detest shopping at Walmart. I only go if I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else.

Here's why:

The prices are mediocre, and sometimes really high compared to other stores.
    The produce is really poor quality, even compared to other grocery store produce.
    The meat is often bad, very low quality.
    The service sucks. There is never more than one or two lines open, and about ten to twenty people checking out.
    The clothing is god-awful. There suppliers have to cut so many corners that the clothes fall apart within a week.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but this is enough for me to not ever want to shop there.

2. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of that depends on which Walmart you are shopping at. Where I used to live, they had really good service and I feel only a few of those things applied. But now I live in a bigger town and it feels like more and more corners are cut at the Walmart here. It's odd, but I guess it's small town mentality versus big city mentality.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    This is my biggest complaint currently. I used to actually like buying clothes from Wal-mart. They weren't the highest quality, but they were worth the price.

And now? Now, even the clothes that are only a couple bucks aren't worth paying that price for. We refer to them as "one time use" clothes. If you'd pay that money to wear the item only once, then go ahead and buy it. Otherwise, don't bother. Then, if it manages to make it through the washer and dryer at least once, then you really got a bargain. Pretty sad, huh?

4. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I couldn't agree more. Walmart is a terrible store and their products are really poor quality. I just don't like giving my business to a store like Walmart. I would much prefer that I shop at a small mom and pop store. I would rather give my business to them.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart is the equivalent of Iceland in the UK. Iceland promote themselves as a low-price supermarket but the reality is different. They are actually more expensive than the rival supermarkets and the quality of the products is awful.

6. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I am honestly on the other side of the coin on this on. I am against walmart for the anti union stand, I am against walmart for the collective impact on worker wages and the impact on small indie businesses.
    But I do shop there for a hell of a lot of items. It is one stop for me. I can get my coffee, my cold medicine, my work boots my t-shirts, my motorcycle oil etc.
    I have few complaints re the stuff I have bought there. And I find the prices are generally speaking low, and right now this is an important factor for me.
    I know I am the voice in support of, and I have to say this surprises me.
    Ryder13

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree walmart pretty much sucks. Every time i go to walmart for a quart of milk they are always out that's what they tell me anyways the stuff is never stocked and there so called low prices are not low they are actually pretty high i do not shop at walmart at all because of that. And the lines are always out the butt and never enough cashiers.

8. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    While I'm not keen on Walmart's clothes for the most part, I've found their jeans and sweat pants for boys are as good as anywhere else, and they are very inexpensive. Other than not buying my own clothes there, I don't have a problem with anything else. I often shop there, though never on Saturdays and never in December, simply because in my town the Walmart is so insanely busy after December 1, and every Saturday of the year, that my agoraphobic self can't handle it.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like the Walmart Superstores. I do like their neighborhood grocery stores. I used to shop at there when I lived in Las Vegas. They were really great. They were always clean and carry excellent produce including some organic items.

They also carried many of the my favorite specialty items like almond milk. I read in the paper that Walmart will be opening a few of those neighborhood grocery stores in Los Angeles. But none will be near me. :(

10. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    Where I live in Canada I find that my local Walmart stocks many of the same brand items for slightly cheaper then other retailers mainly some food products and electronics.

I bought a laptop from Walmart a couple of years back that was over a hundred dollers more at Best Buy. No sale or rollback on the item either, just simply 100 dollars cheaper.

11. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    There are many things at Walmart that are cheaper than anywhere else. But I agree about the clothes- too cheap to wear often. You get what you pay for, right?

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Agree completley and I'm glad you mentioned the produce and the meat. The produce especially is just appalling to me and no one ever seems to mention it..

13. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I'm always surprised to hear how horrible WalMart is. I very rarely go there, but whenever I do there are a lot of people shopping, so I guess that it can't be that bad because there are many other choices of stores to shop at. It's hard to please everybody and I don't really mind going there for certain things, such as fish filters. It's the only store that carries the particular brand I need. The video game selection was really good when I was buying that type of thing until my kid outgrew X-Box and Playstation. The pet food was cheaper there than other stores too, such as cat food and guinea pig food. I do agree that the clothing is low quality but then I don't buy any there.

14. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I don't generally shop for produce and meat at Wal-Mart since there is a Win-Co and Food Maxx right across the street. As for clothing, I buy from there once in a while and I think I get my money's worth. I'm not expecting much considering how much I paid for it. And I don't have anything to complain about when it comes to the customer service. It might just depend on the location but the workers at our Wal-Mart are friendly. I mostly go to Wal-Mart to buy electronics though. The prices are a bit cheaper than other stores.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of Walmart because of the poor customer service. I have not been to the store in awhile. The store near me is always crowded and now that it is Christmas shopping time it is the last place I want to be. I try to go to the store at 8AM in the morning to avoid the crowds.

16. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I agree that Wal Mart is pretty terrible for multiple reasons. I would like to add that the environment of Wal Mart is simply overwhelming. During this Christmas season, it is even worse. Not only are there toys placed in the toy section and front of the store, they are now strategically placing them at the ends of the food aisles! I am beginning to despise taking my toddler shopping with me because of it.
    Unfortunately, I do not have many other options in my area. For me though, they are a one-stop shop and usually offer the lowest prices. They also price match on certain items without question.

17. Shamarv8

Shamarv8Member

Threads:
    I've actually had realtively good exp eriences shopping at Walmart. To be honest though, if I wasn't always broke Walmart would not be my first choice to shop for anything.

18. Smackz

SmackzNew Member

Threads:
    I'm so glad there are many others out there that share my hate for today's Walmart. Awful prices for quality in clothes and other apparel. I bought a really nice Reebok backpack that actually lasted me a long time. Too bad my last 4 backpacks from Walmart died so fast. If I every shop there again, it will only be out of convenience; there's a Walmart fairly close to where I live.

19. alishamilan

alishamilanNew Member

Threads:
    I like this sucks. I like this so much.

20. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    To be honest, I hate Walmart too. The reason is because people don't really give a crap what you do and buy. They don't really help you as they just briefly tell you where and what each item is. Also, the quality of their items are very poor.