Walmart to take expired coupons

Discussion in Coupons started by cheapie • Aug 17, 2012.

1. cheapie

cheapieNew Member

Threads:
    Some Walmart's will take expired coupons if they are within 3 months of old! I have one store near me that takes these, and another store that will not. Just ask the customer service desk if they will take them, or the cashier. Also, did you know that if you take an add in for another store in your area for a cheaper deal, the store will give it to you at that price!?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I didn't know they would take expired ones. The only time I've been able to do that is when I slide it through and they don't bother to check the date.

As for the price match ad thing, that varies by store, too. They will nitpick like crazy and try to come up with reasons to not give you the difference usually, so sometimes it's not even worth it.

3. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    Our local Walmart wouldn't do that. They barely tolerate coupons as it is so I rarely buy things at Walmart except things I don't have coupons for. The price-matching is up to the manager and ours is a jerk. He won't price match any stores unless they're right in town and he won't price match the grocery stores.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I hadn't heard that Walmart would take expired coupons before. I will check with our local store to find out if they will. They are really good about the price match so they may do it. That would be really good if they do because I usually have more expired coupons that unexipred ones!

5. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I doubt ours does because they can't even honor the correct prices when an item scans wrong in their store. Maybe they will, but I don't see it happening here! I will have to ask next time I go tho.

6. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    o_O Didn't know that. I'll try some of the old ones I have next time I visit Walmart.