Walmart Vision Center

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by edgytees • Apr 23, 2012.

1. edgytees

edgyteesNew Member

Threads:
    I recently had a bad experience with the Walmart Vison Center in Akron, OH. They never called after the day they said they would be ready, and come to find out, they lost my glasses! Everyone, including the manager seemed unwilling to look for them. We ended up calling the corporate office just to find that they were just as rude. After days of back and forth, someone finally found my glasses. They weren't willing to give any sort of refund or discount. I won't be doing business with them anymore. Anyone else have any problems with them?

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I went to Walmart to get contacts, and I was left waiting for over an hour for an appointment. I tried to call the person at the front desk, but I don't know where they were. I was so angry I sat there just waiting and waiting, then the doctor comes out and he calls my name. I was thinking finally I can get this over with, they overcharged me for the eye exam. It usually costs me $50, but this time they doubled it to a $100. I said I will never go to Walmart for an eye exam again. I go to Target if I want to get my eyes checked out.

3. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    Hmm. The people at my Wal-Mart Vision Center are really nice, and my glasses were I perfect condition. I usually get my eye exam at my optometrist, and take the prescription to my Wal Mart.

4. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I would ever get my eyes examined or purchase my contacts or glasses at Wal-Mart. Seriously, it's Walmart. How many things can they juggle at once without something suffering? It seems like their eye department is suffering. I would rather go to Eye Masters and get my prescription done in one hour. Plus, they have a special where you get 1 pair of glasses free when you purchase 1 pair. Eyes are extremely important, so it's essential to get them checked by professionals. Wal-Mart doesn't seem very professional to me.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I agree they try to multitask all those different departments they have, and the quality of service is lacking. They should focus on being good at one thing at a time, and not being all over the place. I tried to go to that place because I wanted a to see if Target optical was better. I found the answer I was looking for because Walmart is not best option for eye exams.

6. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I have purchased several glasses from them and they have all been great. I am sure that their Optometrists are qualified, but it would depend on the Optometrist at each individual store's Optometrist. I prefer going to an Ophthalmologist.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I always wondered if it would be worth going to Walmart to get my glasses. It sounds like it all depends on your local Walmart store as to what type of service you will get. Maybe I will just stop by there next time I am in Walmart, ask a few questions and see how I feel after that.