Walmart!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Earthmama1 • Mar 12, 2014.

1. Earthmama1

Earthmama1Member

Threads:
    I bought my baby Enfamil thinking that would save me some money because I usually buy her Similac. So I went to Walmart and purchased a couple cans. Well my baby REFUSED to eat it she went the whole day starving, I figured well when she gets hungry she will have to eat it. But she most certainly did not. Similac has more sugar in it because I buy the similac Organic it has pure can sugar, that is why she prefers that brand. So I went to return 2 cans of Enfamil to walmart and they would not take it! What the heck, they said it is because people can get it on WIC so they can not refund me or give me Similac instead. I am an honest person I just threw my recipt out I didnt think my baby would refuse it so much! So in the end of fighting with the manager for a half hour I left with 2 cans of Enfamil and $50 in the whole. Awsome.

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Your situation is unfortunate but it doesn't sound like you did anything to help yourself. You didn't leave the store much of a choice when you didn't bring your receipt. If one of the cans had been open to try it out on the baby, it wouldn't have been returnable anyhow.
    You can protect yourself a bit in the future by only picking up small amounts of items you are trying out. Always hold onto the receipt until you are sure you are keeping the item. Perhaps there is a friend or neighbor who can use the stuff - then it isn't a total waste.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    :( What a bummer! But it makes sense, honestly. They don't want people who are on voucher programs such as WIC to be able to "scam" them, buy pretending like they are buying baby formula, when really they are just returning it for cash or a different product. I know that doesn't help you out in any way, but I can see why they would have a policy in place like that. Perhaps you can give the formula to a needy family?

4. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    That does suck. I like the idea of giving to a needy family, but that stuff is expensive so that can take a hit. It's to bad that scammers do that and ruin things for everyone else. Always keep your receipt at least for a while. Pick a place in your house, I have a little box inside a video cabinet where I keep my receipts and then just clean it out every month or so.

5. Manny

MannyMember

Threads:
    That's a shame. I've never had such problems before at Walmart. In general, I think it's a decent store for one-stop shopping, even though it gets a bit of a bad rap. There's only one location where I live though, and it's quite far.

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I know it sucks but look at it from their perspective. Did you pay in cash? If so that's a tough thing to argue without a receipt and people do purchase formula with SNAP and try to return it for cash. It IS a thing.
    However, if you paid with your credit card that could simplify things? You could show them a statement. No guarantee but it would help alleviate their fears.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was finding the situation absurd up until the moment you mentioned you threw away the receipt... it's not the store's fault in that case, I'm afraid. They would have complete obligation to take your return, but without a receipt they don't. They can't tell if you bought the product there! It's not just Walmart, any other store would refuse your return if you didn't have the receipt. I'm sorry to say this, but I think it's unfair that you post a title saying only "Walmart" on the complaint section if you did something wrong by not having the receipt... I always throw the receipt away as well, but I'm fully aware that if I need to return something I won't have the right to!