Walmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by brittanytruskosky • May 13, 2012.

1. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I go to my local Walmart Super Center a lot. I have found that the employees there are usually not very helpful and can be very rude. I don't know if maybe they are having bad days because that does happen. I deal with the same employees usually. The lines are always incredible long and that have all these cash registers that aren't being used. I love Walmart but this past year my local Walmart just isn't the same. I still go there because I do like there prices but people should do there job and be thankful to have one in this economy.

2. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    I agree with you, my local Walmart is the same way when it comes to the number of lines that are open (or not open). The employees are pretty nice though, and I love the prices so I just deal with the lines. I've started to go very early in the morning as often as I can and that way I usually get in and out pretty quick.

3. Kina

KinaMember

Threads:
    I have stopped shopping at Walmart because of this. The lines are way too long and the staff is not friendly. I know it is convenient to shop there, but the amount you may save is not worth it. I go to 2 other grocery stores and Target and I find myself spending about $20 bucks more. They are close to each other so I can make one stop and walk into each one.

4. emmit6378

emmit6378New Member

Threads:
    I have gone through the same issues at my local Walmart. Also, other Walmart from where I used to live, same thing. I try not to go there any more. I know that their prices are good, but usually I can find what I am looking for online cheaper. I recently downloaded a barcode scanner for my phone and installed google shopper also. Together these two apps are essential to bargain shopping. It is very simple, scan the barcode, choose google shopper button and it will locate the cheapest that it can find locally. Often though, I can still find something cheaper on my own but I use the apps to gain perspective on local prices. Also, I feel it important to say that the shopping experience can come into play with what I am spending on.

5. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    Wal-mart, like every other big retailer, is feeling the squeeze from the depressed economy. As a result, they are cutting the number of workers while still expecting the same amount of work to be done. On top of that, the employee bonuses are being cut. This is all done so that the owners of Walmart, some of the richest people in the U.S., can still make billions of dollar in profits.

I understand it is frustrating to get bad service at a store, but you should blame the greedy owners, not the workers who are just trying to get by on crummy wages.

6. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I like the Wal-mart here. The employees aren't exactly pleasant, but they're not that bad either. I like shopping there, because they have everything you need in one store, and everything has good prices.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have three Walmarts to choose from and only one has good friendly employees. They are very nice and helpfull. I hope that they stay this way because it is so nice to shop there. If I do go to either of the other two, I am really surprised at the difference. I just try not to go to them at all unless I have to because you leave there feeling stressed out!

8. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    Every Walmart I go to is like this. Like a previous poster said, I believe it's because of their increased workload and decreased pay. It might be depressing to see people buying things they can't afford to buy for themselves and their families.

9. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    Walmart is just a huge corporation that strives to be the "store for all your needs", yet in its huge product stocking it disregards employees easily, so customer satisfaction isn't expected. Also, if they buy large amounts of products in bulk, you can expect that most of the brands are cheap and could not be worth much.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I used to like the Super Center, but it's gone downhill in recent years. They've cut down the stock so much that you simply don't have many options.

And as for the rude employees? It's likely due to it being a horrible place to work these days. It's one of those places where they don't like to hire people on fulltime...so people are put on parttime hours, close to full time ones, but without the benefits. They have high expectations for a lot of things and can be dropped at any point....but it's better than no job at all.

11. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    If you have ever worked for a large corporation in a position that is not of high rank you know very well that you are just a number to them - not even a face. Usually these jobs are temporary and those employees don't plan on making it far up on that ladder so they don't put much effort into their customer service. Really - you can't blame them. Economy is not in good standing and if all you can find is a minimum wage job when you are more qualified then chances are you wont be happy with your position but you need it to survive. I have a few people at my local Walmart that are nice but most of them are just as rude and mean.

12. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree on our end, too! Part of the problem seems to be lack of training in some instances. I recently had a cashier put 4 large glass jars in a single bag and then hand it to me. The bag proceeded to break open as she handed to me (imagine that) and they all fell on my foot. She just said "oops, guess I should have double bagged that". I contacted the store and even the manager was not very helpful. He just said "thanks for letting me know, I will mention it at our next department meeting". Yet the next time I went, a different cashier single bagged about 20 jars of baby food! I understand they are all feeling the strain of more work with less people, but so is the rest of the world and it doesn't mean you have to give bad customer service or even fall short on proper training.

13. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    The problem is they hire just about anyone, without any type of screening process. You get all types of people from ex-cons to soccer moms. My local Walmart is trashed everyday. When the shoppers are just throwing items on the floor, it creates a hazardous environment. I've seen some cashiers that are so angry, and I try to talk to them, but it doesn't work. People have a lot on their mind right now, so I just ignore them. I remember a couple of years ago, Walmart was the place to be, but lately I'm staring to look elsewhere.

14. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have found this to be the truth. The only time they are not rude is when you know the workers or they are new. If they have been around for a while, the employees seem to be super grumpy and not helpful at all! In fact they seem to see me walking around and head the other way.

15. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    The reason I have a hard time justifying looking for something else is that the prices are usually the lowest in our area. When you are on a budget, it is hard to tell yourself not to just put up with it. Maybe I will go apply there and try to get everybody back on track!!!

16. joe128139

joe128139New Member

Threads:
    This is exactly why I refuse to go their Supercenters at all anymore. Absolutely zero customer service. If I want to buy something at Walmart because of the price, I just make sure to do so through their website. For groceries? I'll stick with Winn Dixie thanks.

17. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    In my experience the employees rarely ask if I need help finding anything, do I need help, etc. However, I usually only go there when I know what I want and where it is. Also I refuse to buy any food from Wal-Mart. Everything I walk by the produce it seems like half of their stuff is rotting or just simply does not look appealing at all. They carry very few brands of competing products when it comes to food also.

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean about the employees. They are very rude and I don't really know why but maybe they need training in how to be a good customer service person or maybe they are mad if they are not getting top dollar for there work. Well, if they don't like what is going on there why don't they find another job? I have seen so many people come and go at my local Walmart until it's a shame. I don't know what the problem seems to be but I do know that they need to get it together.

19. gidget

gidgetNew Member

Threads:
    I really hate going to Walmart. The main reason is that I feel they have been the downfall of mom & pop stores. Another reason is because of a former relationship with a diabetic man. He had more than 90% blindness due to the disease and he always wanted to go to Walmart. It soon became apparent after entering the relationship that I was becoming a chauffer and caregiver. I really started to hate going there. I've had to go there recently just for rewards I get with my iphone and an android phone, as well, like Jingit. But my local Walmart is not a superstore and I just hate going there.

20. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    I dislike Walmart as I don't really hate it that much. The reason why I dislike it is because the store feels really unclean and also the quality of the materials and stuff you buy there.