Walmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by koko • Jul 16, 2012.

1. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    Has anyone ever had an outstanding customer service event at Walmart? I hear so many complaints about them I was just wondering if we only hear the complaints or that there were no good things to say about Walmart. I personally do not like Walmart, especially their pharmacy. It seems they never have my medication, and it is medication that I just can't wait until they order it. I was going to the same pharmacy for 2 years, same prescriptions month after month and month after month I got told "we don't have it in but we can order it on our next truck" for one prescription or another. How do you run out of a medication that is ordered monthly by your customers? I could see if it was an odd or rare prescription but it is for commonly used medication!

2. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    I think it depends on the type of day. When I go during the day, their service is terrible. Only one or two people actually take the time to help you with what you need. The rest say "I Don't Know" or ignore you by getting someone else to do the job. It's sickening to see them do something like that. However, at night, it's quite different. I guess people there's not a lot of people, they aren't overwhelmed. They are just stocking, and they know what they are stocking, so if you ask for something, they'll let you know if they have it, or tell you that it will be there in the next shipment. The best part is that they actually go and check the boxes they have up front or in back. But I couldn't agree more- their customer service traits are just overall terrible. Probably why they are so keen on doing group huddles with their employees.

I would recommend just going to CVS for medications. They always have everything. I've never had to wait a day for medication there. Plus, I don't know why, but I wouldn't trust WalMart with my meds.

3. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had anything outstanding at walmart, but I've never had extraordinarily bad service there either. I really think you get what you pay for at walmart, so the prices are low but I dont' expect to find amazing service.

4. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with all that's been said. Target employees are slightly more friendly, but not by much. You'd think with so many people looking for work that not only should these people feel priviledged to be working anywhere, but would do their best regarding customer service in order to insure they keep their jobs.

The one thing I hate the most hearing from fast-food and Walmart/Target employees right when they hand you your receipt is, "There you go!" Not, "Thank you for shopping at blah-dee-dee-blah" but "There you go." What the heck sort of acknowledgement and gratitudee for shopping at their store is that?!? They make it sound like they did you a favor by saying that.

Sorry for getting off topic. It just chapps my hide constantly hearing that. It's mostly the younger employees who do this, and I constantly tell my kids who are looking for jobs that I had better not ever hear them say that to a customer. I think I've scared them straight. ;)

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't had any bad customer service experiences really with Walmart, just bad experiences with other customers. I had a creep follow me and my daughter around trying to sell us gym memberships and we're not even fat. Another guy kept following my daughter and I around and trying to hit on her. When I pointed out that she's 14 and he's a pedophile, he acted like I was the jerk. Another time, I was looking at the Paula Deen wooden spoons and some guy smacked his own butt with one of the spoons. Right ,because when you're stirring pasta sauce for your family ,you want it to taste like a stranger's ass. I don't know if he was testing the spoon for kinky bedroom stuff or domestic abuse and I didn't hang around to find out. The customer service at my Walmart is fine, it's the customers that freak me out.

6. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Ironically enough, my experience with Walmart customer service desk has always been pretty good. Maybe I've been lucky. However I do have to agree with the masses on Walmart's poor check out service efficiency and friendliness. It never fails whenever I go to Walmart to checkout, I feel like I spend as much time in line as I did shopping, if not more. It's very aggravating. So now I've learned to shop first thing when they open. At least then I can avoid the crowds and shop in peace.

7. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I have always had great customer service at Walmart too, but I echo what other posters have said, the customers are weird. I once had an older man come up to me and my friend and say "Girls! I wish I knew you were coming! I sell Lube"....

8. melissa

melissaMember

Threads:
    I had average service at Walmart at best. Really the only reason I shop there is like everyone else's, they have good deals. I think the customer service is absolutely horrible! They're too lazy to even look for something in the back for you they just tell you they don't have it. I actually had to physically point to an item in the back that I happened to see sitting there right when the employee told me they didn't have it. I guess they should keep their back door closed if they want to give crappy customer service LOL